GREEN MORRIS 1000 LAE 415E or 'Mavis'

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
diveangel
MMOC Member: No

GREEN MORRIS 1000 LAE 415E or 'Mavis'

Post by diveangel »

I bought Mavis from a garage somewhere near Faversham in the mid-1990s. She was in a bit of a state with a rock hard passenger seat that was too high, paintwork that wasn't too cracking and to be honest, an engine that had seen better days, but she was used daily and it made me happy driving her, at a speed anything between 10-50 mph depending on the mood of the speedo.
I was living by the beach nr Folkestone at the time, but in 1998 I went to work overseas. Between then and April 2000 she was given away by a friend citing she was in a terrible state, rusting away, worth nothing and she was going to a better home, with no details of the person he'd given her to forthcoming. Unfortunately, because she was off the road and I assumed 'safe', I hadn't worried about insuring her either and as I was moving away I didn't worry too much about the 'heap' that had been taken off my hands.
As far as I'm aware she's never been MOT'd or taxed so possibly scrapped or a project still waiting for some TLC, but I'd love to find out if she's still has a spark of life in her.