Curiosity killed the.....

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Curiosity killed the.....

Post by POMMReg »

Banging on AGAIN about utter trivial info...

I've mentioned previously about the "cut outs" in the outer boxing sills...

2dr/Tourer/Traveller = □○○○○□
4dr = □ ○○○ □
LCV = □ blank □

Curiously, some CKD LCVs also have sills the same as 4dr's, were these substituted when genuine LCVs were produced at Zetland?

Have yet to know whether surviving examples are Zetland (A plant), Brisbane (H plant) or PMC (P plant).

Help!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Curiosity killed the.....

Post by SteveClem »

Crikey! Good luck with that one Chris.... :wink:
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

ALSO have the red sump APJM engine mystery, LRBM & wiper motor plinth change points to solve.

Russ & me have done a massive amount of work on Adderley Park produced LCVs, although we STILL need more details to assist us.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

We've NOW found □ □□□ □ on an early Oz 1098cc CKD van....
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Inherited a rescue kitten a few wks back, that nervous, scared thing is now chasing us around the house.....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well done Chris on the rescue, plenty of animals get the boot or worse when the novelty wears off, no excuse for buying one when so many need help. You also hear of children facing similar rejection and abuse. The perpetrators of these crimes should———- I’ve just deleted the rest of my post as, on reflection it was too graphic for here, in fact I was surprised at my boundless venom towards these low life forms.

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

Inherited a rescue kitten a few wks back
My wife and I did something similar a few years ago. We'd never had a cat before but we agreed to take this last one from a 'breeder' on the strict understanding that a) we wouldn't report her to the RSPCA and b) she would destroy all the disgusting outbuildings where the cats were kept...…..which I made sure she did.

I'm 100% with you, Les, on what I'd like to see happen to such low-lifes and I would hope that all decent minded people, on here and in the wider community, think so too. Just a pity that the people in authority don't seem to have the courage of their convictions or the bottle to act accordingly.

Not quite sure what all this has got to do with Morris Minors...…...but come to think of it, we all love Moggies :D .

I'll get mi coat....!
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am You also hear of children facing similar rejection and abuse.
Ban IVF and make adoption more accessible?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Leave your coat Owlsman ! —- glad for the support!
PG, It’s a thought.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

More animals & less humans please!!

Humans have nissan micra'd this planet, no amount of re-cycling peanut butter jar's can save it, the rich & greedy corporations are only interested in short-term profit.

Granted, nothing to do with Morris Minor "numbers", but a quick rant!!
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I’m a bit more optimistic than you Chris. I think the vast majority of people are fundamentally decent and caring.
Animals now, love them dearly but anyone who has seen the aftermath of a fox attack on a chicken run will appreciate the old adage ‘red in tooth and claw’. :evil:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ll go with that sentiment, probably lean towards majority rather than vast majority though. I’ve been spared the sight of the result of the mentioned fox attack but I have an imagination and daresay it’s comparable to the inside of one of our abattoirs. :(

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Many millions of Chicken's needlessly slaughtered for our tables, don't think a hungry fox comparable
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

POMMReg wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:48 pm Many millions of Chicken's needlessly slaughtered for our tables, don't think a hungry fox comparable
I don’t think food is ‘needless’ but I don’t have an issue with nature getting the better of man when it comes to keeping chickens.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

We shouldn’t judge animals by human ethical standards,of course.
When we kept chickens we wanted them to roam free and have a happy time...they are really fun,interesting birds. The difficulty though,is that the more freedom that they have it becomes very difficult to protect them from predators. Foxes are the most difficult to protect against,because they are so intelligent and nimble. Unfortunately when they get into a chicken run they don’t just take one to eat....they have a blood lust and kill or maim every bird. Our brave cockerel fought for his hens and survived, but was blinded.
We had over 30 chickens killed or maimed. The fox took one away....
They were in an enclosure built to best standards and protected by four alpacas...who ‘adopt’ and protect hens.
It’s some years ago but I still find it hard to feel sad when I see a dead fox on the roadside :cry:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ve heard about this killing instinct of the fox, I don’t know the reason for it except to say it can’t be done for the fun of it. That’s the preserve of the human animal. Examples not required, there are too many! I myself, feel sad seeing roadkill, despite a species tendencies. In the same way I’d be sad seeing anything that once had life. If you keep animals, and they get predated, of course it’s not nice. However there is a bigger picture, nature is playing a part here, and that’s the fact. I realise I’m not going to change some peoples views on these issues but I feel whatever animals have done to upset some folk, it would be nothing compared to our destruction of their natural habitat worldwide, building on there homes, plundering rain forests. They have no malice, yet are persecuted by us by this destruction, blood sports and cruelty including being experimented on, they are treated as a commodity. You can’t make an animal, that’s enough for me to give them respect.

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I get all that Les. It’s just difficult when you have to clear up something that looks like the aftermath of the Somme.
Put us off keeping hens. We don’t half miss proper fresh,free range eggs :wink:
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

To be fair to foxes, when they get into a hen house they are in a completely unnatural situation. The hens are panicking, flapping and squawking with no means of escape and perhaps it isn’t surprising if the fox gets a bit carried away. In the wild foxes are only likely to catch fowl one at a time and others can escape.

A friend of mine lost all her hens in one night, it is very distressing.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

SteveClem wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:31 pm I get all that Les. It’s just difficult when you have to clear up something that looks like the aftermath of the Somme.
Put us off keeping hens. We don’t half miss proper fresh,free range eggs :wink:
I understand your point Steve.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Les the reason the fox kills more than one chicken is to silence the others.A fox is only looking for food and doesn't rely on chickens and if they were locked up properly there would be no problem .The way animals are treated in this country is disgusting ie Halal Kosher slaughter is a barbaric way to die. It takes 8 minutes for a cow to die without any prior stunning and have all there nerve senses for this time.
Last edited by irmscher on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.