Curiosity killed the.....

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Curiosity killed the.....

Post by myoldjalopy »

irmscher wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 am Hilal Kosher slaughter is a barbaric way to die. It takes 8 minutes for a cow to die without any prior stunning and have all there nerve senses for this time.
I really fail to understand how this is allowed in this country. Its just plain wrong.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It’s religious slaughter, Britain allows it, I think Norway and countries around there, don’t allow it. Saying animal welfare comes before religion. Intelligent thinking in my book. I would have thought it pretty difficult for a man to watch such suffering, let alone cause it. Just goes to show how primitive some still are.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

We as a country are going back to the middle ages thanks to some non Christian religions :evil:
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

irmscher wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 am Les the reason the fox kills more than one chicken is to silence the others.A fox is only looking for food and doesn't rely on chickens and if they were locked up properly there would be no problem .The way animals are treated in this country is disgusting ie Halal Kosher slaughter is a barbaric way to die. It takes 8 minutes for a cow to die without any prior stunning and have all there nerve senses for this time.
Agree totally, especially the security of chickens, "chicken wire" is useless!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

irmscher wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:57 pm We as a country are going back to the middle ages thanks to some non Christian religions :evil:
That’s true, thankfully the Christians aren’t particularly faithful to their religion anymore, if they were, who knows where we’d be :evil:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

POMMReg wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 pm
irmscher wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 am Les the reason the fox kills more than one chicken is to silence the others.A fox is only looking for food and doesn't rely on chickens and if they were locked up properly there would be no problem .The way animals are treated in this country is disgusting ie Halal Kosher slaughter is a barbaric way to die. It takes 8 minutes for a cow to die without any prior stunning and have all there nerve senses for this time.
Agree totally, especially the security of chickens, "chicken wire" is useless!
Chris, we had a professionally installed 50x30metre compound. The thick wire mesh was buried 50 cm under the ground. The fence was 1.8 metres high and was angled out at the top. We didn’t electrify it because we didn’t want any animals to get hurt. It was state of the art 25 years ago. We enjoyed our free range hens, and their eggs. We discovered that short of keeping the hens in an animal Alcatraz a clever fox could always find a way in. The wretched thing should have been employed on the channel tunnel. The pain and injury inflicted was appalling but that is the way the natural world works. That’s why I still eat a small amount of meat and fish, because I believe that humans are natural omnivores, like foxes, badgers, dogs and so on. I appreciate and respect other points of view.
I do, however, object to the suggestion that our hens were protected by a bit of chicken wire!!
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Heavens, my 2020 NYR to STOP annoying ppl has gone awry!!!

Ours is chainlink enclosed, buried 6" with paving slabs around the edge.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

No offence taken Chris. After all these years it’s still very raw.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Sam Smith's cover of the Doors' classic Riders on the Storm would certainly deter foxes, well, pretty much deter everything, beam it out into the vastness of space...no alien life here..

What's all this gotta do with the crazy world of Minor numbers & complicated details?!