anti roll bar pics

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Classiccars
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

anti roll bar pics

Post by Classiccars »

hi i have posted more anti roll bar picks to see if id is possible as new bushes required thanks
Attachments
IMG_4024.JPG
IMG_4024.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
IMG_4030.JPG
IMG_4030.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
IMG_4020.JPG
IMG_4020.JPG (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: anti roll bar pics

Post by philthehill »

Thank you for the photos.
Looking at the pictures above I believe it to be a Ford Cortina anti roll bar.
As regards renewing the bushes - I suggest that you strip out the anti roll and measure the bushes for both the mount bushes and end of arm bushes located in the tube. Measure the diameter of the anti roll bar. Post measurements and photos of the bushes and bar mounts on here. You may have to source the bushes from different places but I can give you some ideas once I see the bushes.

Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Thanks Phil II thought you may say that.The car is in from Monday for the rest of March for welding so hope to remove it on the return.Will post pics then hopefully .Thank you
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Update.
I had a flash of inspiration and decided to look at some of the old Mr Grumpys sales adverts and have found an illustration and reference to the anti roll bar in question.
I now believe the anti roll bar to be a Mr Grumpys item not an Owen Burton modified Ford Cortina anti roll bar as first thought. The ends and mountings of the Grumpys anti roll bar are the same as in the photos above.
Unfortunately Mr Grumpys no longer exists so it will be a question of sourcing suitable parts from the parts bin. Parts are out there but may not be Mr Grumpys.
The bushes in the tube may be Minor eye bolt bushes and if they are they can be replace with poly items. I would still strip the anti roll bar as then we can decide what is required and from what source.
The anti roll bar fitted is from around 1995.

Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Thanks yes will have to pull apart to get some sizes when the car comes back .Best wishes