SAD SAD minor pictures

Found a Minor in a scrapyard? Let us all know about it and exactly where it can be found.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Johnny
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: SAD SAD minor pictures

Post by Johnny »

Also this one in the car park in Polperro, Cornwall, whilst on holiday at the beginning of October.. It's sad because it's just sitting there advertising![frame]Image[/frame]
Nourish
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Nourish »

RobThomas wrote:This one seems to have been dumped. I might just happen to be passing it again next week with my trailer![frame]Image[/frame]
Did you find out who owned it?
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by RobThomas »

No. There was nobody about so I didn't find anyone to ask about ownership.

It was 6 years ago so I doubt it is still there.
Cardiff, UK
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

lambretta_ash wrote:[frame]Image[/frame]
I was in the process of saying "that Cheltenham caravan looks better than ours outside on the drive", then it occurred to me that we got ours from a guy who used to have a scrapyard in Birmingham, and on closer inspection it has the same piece of stainless trim missing from the body side next to the door so I think.... "That's our caravan!"
Don't know about the Minors - he's quite an old car enthusiast and still has a quite a lot of cars that he saved...
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Just had a chat with the previous owner of the caravan. He sold the yard and retired a few years back. The black four door and the blue two door you can just see over the caravan roof were saved and still exist, though in unrestored condition. So a sort of happy ending for some of these cars☺
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!