EX POLICE MORRIS MINORS "INFORMATION WANTED"

MMOC Ex-Government Fleet Minors Register: for those with Military Minors and those that worked for the Government
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
macseast
MMOC Member: No

EX POLICE MORRIS MINORS "INFORMATION WANTED"

Post by macseast »

Can any one help me find out more about my minor? I was given a file of documentation with the 71 car contained in which was a Newsletter no 1 for the Morris minor owners club panda Register.The organisors were a mark and Daina pearson.

The newsletter has a list of 12 cars (panda) with there owners names.Does this database still exist.

Any information greatfully received.

simon
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Hello Simon, glad to hear that the car is surviving. Welcome to the forum.

The register now named "Ex-police" rather than "Panda" is alive and well. See reports on National Rally at Donnington, 2004 NEC Classic Car Show and 2004 MMOC AGm for proof! Contact Ray (see Minor Matters) or email him on pandacarman@aol.com

What can you tell us about your car? Do you know the force, or where it was registered. Presumably a two door saloon? Is it in police colours or has it been repainted?

One problem with answering questions about Pandas is that there is no right answer to many of them - each force used different colour details, different accessories, etc. However, it is usually possible to work out what is right for a specific car.

It's going to cause some confusion as I'm a Simon with a panda too, although more accurately it's my wife's, but then she drives one of my 3 Travellers, and I did most of the work on the car anyway! Also look out on the board for Lynda who has a Panda too.

Look forward to seeing you around. Can you update your profile so we know what part of the country you're in. Best wishes.
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

I have recently set up a site for Ray, which we will be expanding try

www.ex-policeminorreg.tk/
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

stevieb1976
Minor Friendly

Morris Traveller - EX POLICE CAR

Post by stevieb1976 »

I have just purchased an ex police morris traveller was there many used in the force and close inspection of the body work it has alway been white and not the blue and white as they normally come in . there is a bung in the roof where the light used to go and a switch on the dash that i reckon used work the lights . If anyone has got any info about morris travellers as police cars i would be very interested