Fuel pump

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Johnno
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Fuel pump

Post by Johnno »

Hiya all,I am having trouble with the electric fuel pump on my "52 mm.Has anyone tried any other type of pump with any success.Is it possible to fit a mechanical pump?I have a background in engineering, so pointed in the right direction I should be able to cope with any mechanical problems.All the best,John.
Power to your Pistons,Johnnydoome.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have only seen mechanical pumps fitted to the later cars.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

fuel pumps

Post by mike.perry »

Sounds like its time to replace your pump. The correct electric pump should last for years but they do wear out eventually, usually the points. these are replaceable but fuel pumps are so readily available that it is not worth the effort, just fit a new one and chuck the old one in the spares box. Make sure you don't buy a cheapo copy as these often do not have the internal fuel filter. A Morris Minor would not be the same without a ticking electric pump.
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Get an original replacement SU pump and a new set of points. Swop the pumps and change the points in the old 1 and keep it as a spare just in case. I carry a spare pump everywhere I go!