mm lowlight n/s & o/s quarter light rubbers

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
NRX
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

mm lowlight n/s & o/s quarter light rubbers

Post by NRX »

I am rebuilding a 1950 mm 2 door and in need of a pair of quarter light rubbers. The ones I require are the early ones with the internal pivot and would love a new or a good secondhand pair. Worst case senario I will have to rebuild using minir 1000 quarter light wont look right but will let me get the car back on the road.

Martin

<br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br>
Last edited by NRX on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Hi Martin, the pics of your car look great. I doubt if you will find any quarter light rubbers as they are really rare. Someone from Australia was going to have them remanufactured, they had a posting on the site but I cant find it. I had to fit stainlees door tops from a later traveller to get mine back on the road as even the steel frame that holds the quarterlight was falling apart!

Too many Minors so little time.....
NRX
Minor Friendly

Post by NRX »

Hi David
Thanks for the reply I am lucky in that respect all the frame work and the catches are in excellent condition but no rubbers came with the car that was all stripped into boxes when I bought it. I much prefer stripping the car myself but had no option withthis one as someone had already started it. I have at the moment managed to get a door frame top for the drivers side in black so apart from the hinge and catch it wont look too bad. Just one to find for the passenger side to match.

Martin
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

I think this might be who you were thinking of:- http://www.morris-minor-spare-parts.com/ - might be worth an email?
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Too many Minors so little time.....
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Damn - I spent ages searching for that, but "oliver-morrisminor" must be the only way I didn't spell the nane when looking :D
NRX
Minor Friendly

Lowlight rubbers

Post by NRX »

Hi

Thanks to all of you I have e-mailed the 2 australian sites and am now awaiting replies. I will let you know

Martin