MM Radiator - Wanted

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Ian46
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

MM Radiator - Wanted

Post by Ian46 »

When I bought my project it had a dismantled front end, no wings, no grille, no bumper assembly, poor bonnet.

I have found a very good cheesegrater grille etc but haven't found a good radiator (or a bad, or any) yet.

Can anyone help please. I am going to Harewood House on the Sunday.

Regards Ian
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Re: MM Radiator - Wanted

Post by mike.perry »

Do you want the one with the large round filler cap or the later one with the ordinary cap?
[sig]3580[/sig]
Ian46
Minor Fan

Post by Ian46 »

Hi Mike, and thanks for the reply.

My car was first registered 29th November 1952 and I wasn't aware that there were two different types of caps, so please advise.

Regards Ian
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Post by mike.perry »

The early car rads had a large circular cap. Yours will have the normal cap. I have an old rad but it needs a new core which will probably cost £120+. How long till the car is ready, you may find a better rad.
[sig]3580[/sig]
Ian46
Minor Fan

Re: MM Radiator / Fuel Tank - Wanted

Post by Ian46 »

Just looked back at this old post of mine and wanted to let folks know that I found a very decent MM radiator last week. Original and doesn't need to be recored. Its taken some time but I was prepared to wait.

Also picked up an MM 'mottled' steering wheel at this year's National Rally (no not the £160-00 ones) but less than a third of the price on an adjacent stall. Also at the National I found a complete external fan belt driven water pump unit for a very reasonable sum.

Next quest is to find an early 'flat top' fuel tank.

Ian