Michelangelo Antonioni and the MM

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
StefanoP
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Michelangelo Antonioni and the MM

Post by StefanoP »

Dear friends,

I managed to find a relatively obscure Antonioni movie about the dark side of the movie business (La Signora Senza Camelie, 1953) and a MM Tourer appears in a scene at the beginning of the movie, who stars also a young and very beautiful Lucia Bosé. I hope that you will enjoy a couple of stills from the movie, if only to appreciate the paradisiac view of a nearly empty Rome street! :D

I also found the right radiator cap for my MM, and I'm very proud of the finding.

http://www.stefanopasini.it/Morris_Mino ... ad_Cap.htm

All the best from Italy,

Stefano
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: Michelangelo Antonioni and the MM

Post by mike.perry »

Congratulations. The cap is on the wrong way round :( . /turn it round so that the lettering is the correct way up when you are stood in front of the car :)
[sig]3580[/sig]
StefanoP
Minor Friendly

Post by StefanoP »

mike.perry wrote:Congratulations. The cap is on the wrong way round :( . /turn it round so that the lettering is the correct way up when you are stood in front of the car :)
Hello Mike,

you're right, the lettering on the cap faces the wrong way and I obviously don't like this. Sadly, for some reason, the cap will not go in the rad the other way round, as if there is a small but noticeable shape/size difference between the two metal 'tongues' ('ears'?) holding the cap down when you turn it.

I'll try again when I get back home after some holiday in Sicily. If I succeed, I shall post you a better picture, i.e. with the lettering facing the right way! :lol:

Cheers

Stefano
C6Dave
Minor Fan

Post by C6Dave »

If only the streets were that quiet still......................

Everyone one seems to be a car park these days :cry:
Ian46
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Ian46 »

Does anyone know what make and model the dark coloured car passing the Minor is?

Regards Ian
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o
StefanoP
Minor Friendly

Post by StefanoP »

Ian46 wrote:Does anyone know what make and model the dark coloured car passing the Minor is?

Regards Ian
Hello Ian,

it is a first-series Lancia Aurelia Berlina (4-door saloon); unfortunately I cannot say for sure if it is a B10, B12 or B22 as they are quite similar outside, the differences being mainly in the power of their V6 engine. As the B10 was the most common at the time, I'd venture to say that this might be the model used in this movie. :wink: The other two cars are a Lancia Aprilia/Ardea, at the end of the street, and a large Fiat 1400 (only one headlamp and part of its grille visible in the first pic).

Have a nice time

Stefano