Seriesmm tool kit

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
seriesmm_1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Seriesmm tool kit

Post by seriesmm_1 »

Attached are some photos which I took at Blenheim Palace on June 6th 1998- the Golden Jubilee of the morris minor.
I found them the other day,scanned them - they are not very good quality but may help people in their search to complete the series mm tool kit. The morris minor adjacent to the kit was a 4 door saloon in beautiful condition & was for sale at £8000.I dont know if it sold or where it might be today[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

sparesman
Minor Fan

Re: Seriesmm tool kit

Post by sparesman »

I well remember that tool display. My own set ( originally from XMY846) is much the same except I dont think the plug gap tool in the photo is correct - it should be the common single blade Lucas one found in many tool kits in 1940/50s. Bryan
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
TvdWerf
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TvdWerf »

Picture?
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
seriesmm_1
Minor Fan

Post by seriesmm_1 »

Sparesman regarding your post I have to disagree with you on this,If you look in the Morris Minor seriesmm operation manual first edition it shows the plug gauge as in my original post(the one with the photos) but in the seventh edition of the manual which is the one for my car it shows a different gauge,I have attached copies of both for clarification.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]