lower block water hose outlet 52 918cc sv

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
tbucketmad
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

lower block water hose outlet 52 918cc sv

Post by tbucketmad »

hi all , i need a replacement block water outlet flange for my 1952 918cc sidevalve , its the diecast flange that attaches the bottom radiator hose to the block , my car was not fitted with heater , the only new ones ive seen are the flanges that just have a drain tap , this is the last thing i need to complete my engine rebuild , atb steve

plumby74
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Chasing a lower block water-hose outlet 52 918cc sv

Post by plumby74 »

I have a choice of sound used ones here in Melbourne, Australia, some alloy and one steel as I recall. One could easily be posted. Will round-up the ones I have and take photos in about 10 hrs. Not sure how to post them here though........Phil
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: lower block water hose outlet 52 918cc sv

Post by mike.perry »

[frame]Image[/frame]
Actually it is a water hose inlet elbow, water flows in through the bottom hose, is heated and flows out through the top hose.
Have you tried MMOC Club Spares?
[sig]3580[/sig]
tbucketmad
Minor Friendly

Post by tbucketmad »

'hi mike i contacted bryan and he kindly looked in his stock but unfortunatly there is only types fr pumped engnes , if esm cant help either i think i might get one fabricated in stainless till i can locate the genuine , i can see this part being the holy grail lol , thanks phill for looking downunder - steve

tbucketmad
Minor Friendly

Post by tbucketmad »

hi all , i have bought a new outlet elbow fron ian harris morris spares , what a nice chap he is, his forte is prewar morris and stuff ,alot of the engine parts are generic from the cars he services ,he had a new made elbow it has a slightly differce in the angle but fits a treat and only £ 25 ,so looks like we will be going to the ball lol atb steve

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

What you have is an elbow from a Morris 8. As long as it fits its ok
[sig]3580[/sig]
tbucketmad
Minor Friendly

Post by tbucketmad »

hi , it does fit fine , different exit angle but the car is not concourse , i got it in 24 hours and is better than the rot riddled one i had ,being a hot rodder at heart i was tempted for 1 -2 milliseconds to fit a nice zetec with bike carbs LOL--not realy :D -steve

tbucketmad
Minor Friendly

Post by tbucketmad »

hi , went to brooklands autojumble today ,got water elbow £2 and timing cover £2 from same guy , "result" :D