Tonneau Cover for MM Tourer

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
StefanoP
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Tonneau Cover for MM Tourer

Post by StefanoP »

Hello everybody,

I am driving my 1949 MM these days, enjoying the nice Italian September sunshine (as you did in England for most part of July and August, I'm told! :D ). As I use the Tourer only when the sky is really blue and no clouds are forecast for days, I don't like to have to put the hood up all the times that I park the MM somewhere. My hood, admittedly, is a not very good job made by someone in UK 20 yrs ago and now it's too tight for comfort: having erected it, fizing its front member over the windscreen requires the biceps of a pair of VERY strong guys.

I'd therefore be very happy to use a sort of tonneau cover to put on for short-time stops and no rain, like the ones I had on my previous MGs. Unfortunately, I have never seen any item of this type for a MM Tourer. Apologies if this has been already discussed somewhere (and maybe discarded); what are your opinions and maybe directions on the matter? Is it possible to find and order a tonneau cover that might be fitted on the MM?

Thanks, as always, for the help and support,

Stefano

PS to Mike: you rightly noticed that I had photographed my radiator cap with the writing on the 'wrong' side. This afternoon, fiddling a bit with the same, I was finally able to put it on the right way and, believe it or not, it was not so easy! :o Pics to follow! And thanks for the observation. :lol:
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Re: Tonneau Cover for MM Tourer

Post by mike.perry »

PM sent
[sig]3580[/sig]