Monaro Twin Carby Assembly

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rosie2012
MMOC Member: No

Monaro Twin Carby Assembly

Post by Rosie2012 »

Hi , I have almost finished retoring my 1951 MM which was equiped with a Monaro twin carby. I bought the car virtually in pieces and it came with several boxes of bits which were from at least two other vehicles. The cables to the carby were not in place so I have no idea how they attached. Can anyone provide me with a picture or a few clues as to how the cables ran.
Cheers
Peter[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: Monaro Twin Carby Assembly

Post by mike.perry »

These photos may help. Taken on the white table cloth in the dining room of a hotel in Brisbane[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Please send me the chassis no. of your car for the register
[sig]3580[/sig]
Rosie2012

Post by Rosie2012 »

Mike
For you vehicle register. Chassis No. SMM83319 Eng No. 82063 First Reg. No. VR362 Registered until 1981.
Please find attached the current carby setup. Problem solved , I think. Just need a set of ignition leads to go.
Cheers
Peter[frame]Image[/frame]
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by RobThomas »

Not a Monaro set, but, does anyone recognise the dark coloured air filter assembly? Possibly either from a Canadian car or from NZ?
Cardiff, UK
tortron
Minor Fan

Post by tortron »

Export AC oilbath airfilter

have one on my nz car

edit: scratch that i just realised your picture didnt load on my phone.

Looks like a pressed steel unit to fit a standard filter to twin carbs? (though why you would bother freeing up the exhaust and intake just to put that back on im not sure)

I have a ford 100e twin carb manifold fitted to my minor, so you may find it was part of a kit for an old speedboat