waterpump for sidevalve 1951

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
TvdWerf
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

waterpump for sidevalve 1951

Post by TvdWerf »

What is the right waterpump for this car?
I bought him without a waterpump, but the heater was there, and also a clamp for a waterpump on the dynamo.[frame]Image[/frame]
But I found a spare engine, with waterpump, is this the original one for the 1951, or is the after market original?[frame]Image[/frame]
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: waterpump for sidevalve 1951

Post by mike.perry »

The water pump on the dynamo is for the early USHM2 engine. This water pump is just for pumping hot (warm) water through the car heater. I have never been in a car with that pump so I do not know how effective it is.
The second pump is for the later USHM3 engine and fits instead of the blanking plate. The USHM3 engine will run with or without a water pump.
I have the fitting instructions for both pumps
[sig]3580[/sig]
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

Last Friday, I found 2 other MM's, one 1950 lowlight, with a strange pump on the dynamo, and a 1952, without heater, and without waterpump.[frame]Image[/frame]
The lowlight is a belgium car, and was sold when I saw him.
The other one was also with a blank plate, just like my car was.
Because I have 2 blank plates, and one engine with pump, together with 2 1/2 engine, it looks like the original engine in my car did not have the pump when he left the factory.
And because the 1950 and 1952 MM in my area did not have the pump also, it looks like the waterpump was not a standard in the Netherlands...[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
The green car was painted on a strange way, from a distance it was acceptable, but when you looked at the details....
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Could you get me the chassis numbers please?
[sig]3580[/sig]
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

Sorry, I did not wrote it on paper, only took some pictures from the engine bay without thinking about it ;)
It is one hour from my home, I was there in that area for my job ;)
This is the lowlight:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/oldt ... =mympBuyer

and this a picture from the plates in engine bay, I did not realized it was unreadable until I was at home[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
But the phone number from the salesman is readable in the advertisment.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve