engine parts BMB President

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
TvdWerf
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

engine parts BMB President

Post by TvdWerf »

One of my contacts had rebuild a BMB President, with the same engine as our old MM's.
After this, he had some spares, laying in the Netherlands, from 2 spare engines.
If someone is interested in these parts, and has the possibility to pick them up, I can give the contact details.
Cylinder head is different, but other parts can be usable.
With 2 1/2 engine as spare, another one does not bring so much for me. :D
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Re: engine parts BMB President

Post by mike.perry »

I have only seen one President tractor but I expect that it is similar to the ex WD engine, see http://seriesmm.mmoc.org.uk Technical Information, ex WD engines
Any chance of some photos, cylinder head, carbs and manifold and crankshaft, has it got an oil throw scroll or a plane rear bearing crank?
Last edited by mike.perry on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sig]3580[/sig]
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

Not a problem to organize, I forgot it when I was there.
It is on the road from my job to home, but I can ask pictures.
The crankshaft needs oversized bearings I know, cilinder head is very different.

For me not an item, because I have 3 spare engine heads, and also 3 chrackshafts spare ;)

The price can be low for the parts, they needs revision, but the transport is the biggest issue, because of the weight from the both blocks.....
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
Veitchy
Minor Friendly

Post by Veitchy »

Don't know anything about the war department units but a friend of mine has a president tractor and it uses the later series MM type engine with the aluminium water jacket on the right hand of the engine. I remember this because it corroded out and he had to make a replacement.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Veitchy wrote: the aluminium water jacket
He could have bought a new water jacket from ESM. All the alloy castings should be available.
I am interested to know if the crankshaft has a rear scroll, if not then it mst be kept with an engine block which has a rear oil seal.
[sig]3580[/sig]
smithskids
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by smithskids »

I changed one recently for a friend with a President tractor and the block is the same as series mm etc. this block can be fitted to any Morris eight from 1934 to 1954. Only the heads,sumps and front timing cases and engine mounts are different. :D