Series MMs For Sale

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Series MMs For Sale

Post by busguy »

Fetched a reasonable sum given the ad was not really in the best section. Did anyone in the club buy it? Definitely two serious buyers there. I would have been interested in it for my brother, if it had been closer.
1950 is my brother's birth year, and it was first registered, and even possibly built in September, the month he was born, plus his initials are MTA! His first car was also an early minor. Oh, and I like the romain green colour!
firedrake1942
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by firedrake1942 »

What did it go for in the end ?
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

£7100
9 bids
1956 4-door called Max
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

As you say, a reasonable sum. I would still like to have seen a photo of the engine compartment. It always makes me slightly wary when it is not shown.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

I have seen a small photo of the engine compartment, and it was well presented, clean and tidy. Inner wings looked good in correct colour, and solid. The only non-standard items under the bonnet I could see were a brake servo low down driver's side, and the only spoiler, a K&N air filter!
gaz

Post by gaz »

Hi I have a 1952 two door in Thames blue for sale, engine is out ready for rebuild as lost compression, needs body sorting as well, £2500 but open to offers, this car is in Norfolk England, 01692 630848 Gary Newman.

[img]file:///Users/garynewman/Downloads/XMY846*.jpg/img]