MM ENGINE PARTS

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sparesman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

MM ENGINE PARTS

Post by sparesman »

I am still working on the purchase of the ex army engine spares from Australia but due to the outlay involved before I can get the go ahead from the club committee I have been asked to get a commitment from MM owners to buy some of the engines and parts.
Most parts needed to rebuild a side valve engine will be available at reasonable prices although I cannot be definite on individual prices until we know the exchange rates and what tax and import duties we might have to pay. There are also up to 9 complete rebuilt or new "army" engines available which when stripped of the superfluous parts give the equivalent of a "short" engine to which you transfer parts such as flywheel, cylinder head, timing cover and sump from your old engine. The price of these will be around £700 each.
Please email me if you would like to know more.
Bryan Gostling
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Re: MM ENGINE PARTS

Post by ian.mcdougall »

Can you put your e-mail address on this post please.
Thanks

TvdWerf
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TvdWerf »

Since I bought this week a complete spare car, I have also 3 spare sidevalve engines.
one of them may go to another user, and of course, not the best one from the 3. :)
he is complete with sump, head, oil filter, and timing cover, as a good base for a rebuild.
It is possible for me to find a way to get the engine in the UK, but it's always better to look first.
Because I have also 4 sets of spare pistons, it is possible to look first which set you like as spare with this engine.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
sparesman
Minor Fan

Post by sparesman »

ian.mcdougall wrote:Can you put your e-mail address on this post please.
Thanks
Ian
My email is in the club magazine and the spares are only for club members
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344