Minor MM Lowlight

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Berniewade
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Minor MM Lowlight

Post by Berniewade »

Has anyone got any front wings and grill panel tucked away in there garage
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Re: Minor MM Lowlight

Post by TvdWerf »

Yes, I have, but I am very careful with them ;)
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
Berniewade
Minor Friendly

Post by Berniewade »

That's great are they for sale ?
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

Official not...
But I found them somewhere, and a few weeks ago I found a '50 short bonnet MM, highlight, but from the time the lowlight was also in production.
See for pictures this topic:
http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=60810
I have 1 RH and 2 LH wings, not perfect, one grille, without the chrome part, but with old and new headlights.
I brought the parts somewhere for sandblasting, and painted them in a ground colour, to put them in the storage.
The left wings are both not ready for use, one needs complete welding, other has some bad weldings.
The right wing is an unused imitation wing, never mounted on a car.
What I have is this:[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Because I cannot use all the parts, I have a lot now, 3 spare engines, an almost complete car, and don't have a Time Machine, it is possible to sell some of the parts.
My first Idea was to use a lowlight grille in my highlight car, but when I found the highlight grille with chrome insert, I was not so sure any-more ;)
I was looking only for the chrome insert, but found a complete car.
The previous owner bought him for the parts, took the centre pillar, and some chrome parts, and that was it.
In this car, the original inserts for the lowlight headlights are also there, and because of the price from spare parts, I am not sure to keep the car for restoration.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

Official not...
But I found them somewhere, and a few weeks ago I found a '50 short bonnet MM, highlight, but from the time the lowlight was also in production.
See for pictures this topic:
http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=60810
I have 1 RH and 2 LH wings, not perfect, one grille, without the chrome part, but with old and new headlights.
I brought the parts somewhere for sandblasting, and painted them in a ground colour, to put them in the storage.
The left wings are both not ready for use, one needs complete welding, other has some bad weldings.
The right wing is an unused imitation wing, never mounted on a car.
What I have is this:[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Because I cannot use all the parts, I have a lot now, 3 spare engines, an almost complete car, and don't have a Time Machine, it is possible to sell some of the parts.
My first Idea was to use a lowlight grille in my highlight car, but when I found the highlight grille with chrome insert, I was not so sure any-more ;)
I was looking only for the chrome insert, but found a complete car.
The previous owner bought him for the parts, took the centre pillar, and some chrome parts, and that was it.
In this car, the original inserts for the lowlight headlights are also there, and because of the price from spare parts, I am not sure to keep the car for restoration.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

oops, double posted..
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
Berniewade
Minor Friendly