Body and chassis numbers.

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
smithskids
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Body and chassis numbers.

Post by smithskids »

I attended the East Yorks. rally at Sewerby Hall on August 16th in my MM Tourer . Type MNR/SYN. Car No SMM 97191. Body No 19969. Built 8th and 9th May 1951. The MM tourer next to me was built a month earlier in April 1951. Body No 19164 which corresponds with the date but the Car/chassis No was FCE 13/90503. The owner assured me it had been rebuilt exactly as found and this was the heritage cert numbers. It had the later type front quarter lights with the external hinge showing yet mine has the plain quarter lights with no hinge showingand the earlier window catches. This type of car/chassis number according to all the books was not used until 1952, so were cars being produced and numbered together?
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Re: Body and chassis numbers.

Post by mike.perry »

The change from SMM to F Series was between 140610 to 140690 according to my records. Original Morris Minor says 139439.
If in any doubt about the chassis number of a car try to find the number stamped on the bulkhead. SMM 90503 was parked next to me at the Morris Vehicle Rally and I have some photos of it. I do not recall it having an FCE chassis number and it is in my records as SMM from previous rallies. It s a regular attender at rallies so I will check the number when I next see it, probably next year
[sig]3580[/sig]
smithskids
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Body and chassis numbers.

Post by smithskids »

Thanks Mike, I was curious about the quarter lights. :(