insulation

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
nearsidenellie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

insulation

Post by nearsidenellie »

Hi I am seeking info on the original insulation used on the bulkhead, what it is like and how far it went down inside the car, or was it only behind the dashboard ? hope there is info out there :D
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Re: insulation

Post by RobThomas »

I couldn't find a decent one to copy. The original on our other car seems to have been one piece and cut so it could go up the middle and fan out. I made a pattern in wallpaper backing material, the long card rolls. I made the final version from a rubber backed underlay and didn't bother binding the edge with anything and it seems not to have frayed. Absolute git of a job to fit so I cut it in two to fit above and below the dash! Best done before any other item is fitted to a car. Hard to locate holes for pipes and wires until it is all fitted. Glued all around the back of the battery box and the lowest I took the material down to was the base of the battery box so that the throttle pedal doesn't hold it in position but the metal sheet cover plate above it does hold it.[frame]Image[/frame]
Cardiff, UK
nearsidenellie
Minor Friendly

Re: insulation

Post by nearsidenellie »

Thanks for the info Rob sounds like I am going to be busy with paper templates and sore knees after I have removed the dash ect :(