Series MM rear window clips

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Series MM rear window clips

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

In dismantling my 1952 series MM 2 door saloon it had the original window rubber but after nearly 70 years in the desert sun it was more like the hardest plastic you've ever come across. Therefore by the time I actually got the glass out of the rear side windows I had some clips in my hand (photo attached) without having a clear idea of what purpose they serve or if with the new rubber they are no longer needed or ? Any help would be appreciated, thank you, Paul. manlyvaleaussie
Attachments
DSC04957.JPG
DSC04957.JPG (167.33 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Series MM rear window clips

Post by RobThomas »

Nothing listed in AKD615 (Series MM Service Parts)
Cardiff, UK
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

They fit onto the edge of the body and are so you cant just push the side windows inside the car, Ive only ever saw them on a couple of my cars and never had any success trying to refit them!

Too many Minors so little time.....
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

They were fitted to the Minor 1000 as well. My car had them when I took the windows out but I couldn't really work out a way of re-fitting them and it has been fine without them. As David says, they seem to be a bit of added security to make it harder to get into the car simply by pushing the windows in. Now you all know how to get into my car :-?