Series MM headlining

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Series MM headlining

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

I'm sure this subject has been discussed a number of times but please have patience with the new boy on the block. In the restoration of my '52 Series MM I have arrived at the headliner, after 30 years sitting out in the desert here in Yuma Arizona the original plywood, fabric etc. literally crumbled in my hands upon removal. My research would indicate that this mode of headliner is no longer available and so what do you advise to use, who is the best supplier and how is it installed. As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Paul Follett. manlyvaleaussie
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Series MM headlining

Post by RobThomas »

I think the 2 side pieces go in first, then the middle bit, tucking it under the rear screen seal and then the rear corner goes in with 2 screws in the 2 corners. I'm not 100% sure but the material is called Oil Tempered Hardboard in the UK.

http://www.chilterntimber.co.uk/product ... 0-x-3-2mm/
Cardiff, UK
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

I have a complete triplex headlining, not perfect, but with the option to get him tgether with a machinetransport to Alberta Canada..
I have something to do there next year.
The only restriction is the import to canada, because it is wood....
Another option can be to ask a company with a dealership in Pasco.
20181226_123843.jpg
20181226_123843.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1581 times
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

To: TvdWerf I am extremely interested in obtaining the triplex headlining you mention. Alberta would be okay but Pasco (WA State?) would be great. Any chance you could ship it direct to me , at my cost of course. Regards, Paul Follett. manlyvaleaussie
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

PM send
MM '51 LHD sidevalve