boot boards

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
doughicks
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

boot boards

Post by doughicks »

What color are the boards in the boot painted on a 52 mm. Are they black or silver.
JohnV
Minor Friendly

Re: boot boards

Post by JohnV »

I've never seen boot boards on ANY Minor that came in silver from the factory. Flat black, surely.
I have two Minors in upstate New York. One is the 1961 Traveller my dad bought new that year in London, where I was born. It's had a hard life but is still running cheerfully at 54K miles. The second is the oldest Minor confirmed to survive in North America, a LHD high-light Tourer built in April 1949. It's a total basket case, but will be restored over the coming years.
doughicks
Minor Friendly

Post by doughicks »

On my 65 they are flat black. On the 52 they are silver. If silver is incorrect I will paint them flat black.
Thanks for the reply
Doug
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

My '54 boards are black. Never seen silver boot boards on any Morris Minor I have looked round at the Nationals before now...….
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philipkearney
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philipkearney »

I'd have to agree with John and Mike. I have never seen anything other than black boards.
I have a very original 52 sidevalve tourer that has been untouched since the late sixties and it has got black boards and I'm pretty sure they have never touched or repainted.

Philip