MM sale prices

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chrishhug@gmail.com
MMOC Member: No

MM sale prices

Post by chrishhug@gmail.com »

I am out of touch with prices and aim to sell a 1951 Morris. Can someone advice on current prices, please, e.g. ones in good condition.
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: MM sale prices

Post by RobThomas »

Between £3000 and £25000, depending on condition, originality, colour, finish, history and Continent.
Cardiff, UK
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

RobThomas wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:58 am Between £3000 and £25000, depending on condition, originality, colour, finish, history and Continent.
Spot on.
The 'current price' is whatever someone is willing to pay, no matter what condition it is in.
If it meets the individual's needs, they will buy it at a price that meets their expectations and finances.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I paid £8K for Elsie May, my 1955 Split Screen Traveller, this year.
She is in what I would describe as good condition with nice paintwork but will be an ongoing (and hopefully roadgoing :wink: ) restoration.
Sorry but, to be honest, the top I'd pay is £10K and for that I wouldn't be expecting to have to replace the wood anytime soon.
For a saloon model (2 door or 4 door) I would expect to pay slightly less than a Traveller for a really good one.
Split screen tourers / convertibles might cost more and vans are like hens teeth.
But with all Morris Minors, whatever their condition, you need to stay within the realms of reality, if you want it to sell and not just sit around forever.
Traders of course can afford to have things sat around, gathering dust, until prices catch up with what they are demanding, or until someone with more money than sense comes along........
If you are a private seller I'd advise you to ask a sensible price and be prepared to negotiate.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

Halve those prices if in NZ?
Cardiff, UK
Mick Lynch
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Mick Lynch »

RobThomas wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:58 am Between £3000 and £25000, depending on condition, originality, colour, finish, history and Continent.
Yikes I paid C$635 (about £370) for my 1951 early 4 door in 2016… (and another C$200 for delivery)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

You have to watch UK prices these days or you will be ripped off.
Obvious advise I know but give them a good look round and test drive before you part with any cash.
Mind you I'll only look at a vehicle that I consider to be priced within the realms of reality.
Some people are happy to ask silly money and then sit on the vehicle in question forever :roll:
The common name for it is 'greed'.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)