alta head parts

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
davidseymour
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

alta head parts

Post by davidseymour »

I am looking for the following parts for an alta head i want to fit to my 1949 mm (reg OWL 612). If anyone can help would be very pleased to hear from you; 1 - exhaust adapter 2- oil feed pipe for rockers 3- water outlet (bit that radiator hose goes onto) 4-carb/air cleaner adaptor 5- blanking plate for old tappet chest I guess these are going to be fairly hard to find so if anyone has any drawings on items 1,4 & 5 I think I could get these done from a good scale drawing. Item 3 should be easy enough to fettle but I am completely stuck on the water outlet ,any ideas or suggestion gratefully received.

David Seymour, Wilsden, West Yorkshire. :P
Cam

RE: alta head parts

Post by Cam »

I've heard of people having to have bits made for the Alta conversion, but before you do that, have a word with Mike Perry (series MM registrar) and Sandy Hamilton (owner of lots of sidevalves and an Alta conversion). Also, perhaps Brian Gostling (club spares chap).

Sandy can be contacted via Rosie Hamilton (his wife). Rosie's, Brian's and Mike's contact details are in Minor Matters magazine.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Alta Parts

Post by mike.perry »

for Alta enquiries contact Graham Holt, tel 0118 947 4032 He is the expert on Alta cylinder heads
Mike Perry
Keith
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Water Outlet

Post by Keith »

David,
I made a water outlet, lots of filing and some brazing, I made I half decent job if I say so myself. I'd post a photo, but not sure how to!.

regards Keith
Keith
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Water Outlet

Post by Keith »

David,
Actually there is a good photo of the head, outlet and Shorrock compressor fitted to my car on this broad. Just do a search on Alta Herts rally. If you need any advice on making the parts, set up etc, give me a shout. My car fllies along with the alta head fitted, although the Shorrock supercharger helps somewhat!.
regards Keith
davidseymour
Minor Friendly

Re: Alta Parts

Post by davidseymour »

mike.perry wrote:for Alta enquiries contact Graham Holt, tel 0118 947 4032 He is the expert on Alta cylinder heads
Mike Perry
thankyou for suggestion,i will certainly contact him
david seymour