MM id from Sri Lanka

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
rjoyce
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by rjoyce »

Pyoor_Kate wrote:When my family went to Sril Lanka to visit my grandparents we found that most of the cars were RHD, and they 'techincally' drove on the left *grins*

I love Sri Lanka, it's beautiful, but the driving made an impression of insanity at age 5, so it must have been quite something.
you are so right it amazes me how many moggies have survived to present day it is the only place i know of where they have 6 lanes on a two lane road, and it dosn't matter which way you go, it is the only place where you can go thruogh red lights as long as you have your lights on and horn sounding and that is a true fact. to turn right you pull nito the left hand side, as if you went to the middle like an englishman then went to turn right you will probably have an accident as soomeone as sure as hell was overtaking you :o :o :o
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

they have 6 lanes on a two lane road, and it dosn't matter which way you go, it is the only place where you can go thruogh red lights as long as you have your lights on and horn sounding and that is a true fact. to turn right you pull nito the left hand side, as if you went to the middle like an englishman then went to turn right you will probably have an accident as soomeone as sure as hell was overtaking you
Sounds rather like Mauritania... :D
Even in morrocco they expect you to pull to the side of a main road when turning across traffic (and wait for a gap) rather than sit in the middle - the middle is for people going FASTER 8)
Onne

Post by Onne »

You see that in France too, well the road is designed for it
Like this:
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa
nalinf

Post by nalinf »

Hi rjoyce

I am from Sri Lanka. Where are you located ? I am interested in your motorcycles.

Cheers

Nalinf