Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
billlobban
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Picture upload

Post by billlobban »

I seem to be having the same problem as Blodwin with her Ital pics when I try to upload a picture the screen goes blank and the posting has not been made. I'm obviously doing something wrong any thoughts? PS you're dealing with a self confessed luddite who known nothing about anything which doesn't have a carburettor :(
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

This problem occurs when the picture is too large. By the time it has uploaded the posting is 'timed out'. I managed to get Blodwin's picture posed in the end after spending some time resizing & editing it (I'm not particularly 'techy' myself!). I can only suggest that you try to do the same. If you still have problems send me a pm and I'll see what I can do to assist, although it might have to wait until later this evening as I'll need to use my home pc rather than laptop.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
billlobban
Minor Addict

Post by billlobban »

Thanks I'll try to resize the pic later and let you know
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

The file format might be an issue too.
This site definitely accepts .jpg files but might not like .raw or .bmp or some of these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_file_formats
billlobban
Minor Addict

Post by billlobban »

It is a standard jpg file but the problem appears to be size. 3648 x 2736 pixels. All I need to do now is work out how to resize it as all I did was just upload it on to my computer from a digital camera
Luddites R Us
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Try the Gimp, wierd name but a super program.
The price is right too!http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
Mick_Anik
Minor Fan

Post by Mick_Anik »

The free Irfan View programme (my all-time favourite!) is worth checking out......a very nice guy has given it to the world and it does everything without a hitch! Never had a hiccup in eight years or so.

Download, install (in seconds), load picture, click on 'Image', then 'Resize/Resample'....the rest should be obvious.

You can also download a myriad of plug-ins, including "Slideshow". It's possible to load mp3 audio files into this, as well as pictures.

I'm off now, to check out "Gimp".........