Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
C.J.
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Posting disabled on 'for sale'?

Post by C.J. »

The 'post reply and quote' buttons have vanished for me on that board. :o

Is this just me, or anyone else too? :-?

Everything else is just sweet and dandy however.
Most odd.
LouiseM

Re: Posting disabled on 'for sale'?

Post by LouiseM »

See this thread posted last week, and also Ray's Ramble in the current issue of Minor Matters: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54530

Eric - 1971 Traveller
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

I sent them a PM to say that general discussion would have to be used if inviting comment :)

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

LouiseM wrote:See this thread posted last week, and also Ray's Ramble in the current issue of Minor Matters: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54530

Absolutely ridiculous. :o
I wasn't aware of this.

Never seen anything like it on ANY other motoring related forum anywhere, ever!

What is going on in here?
Seem to be being treated like kids. :evil:
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

MarkyB wrote:I sent them a PM to say that general discussion would have to be used if inviting comment :)
Baffled, totally. :-?
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

what utter rubbish... :roll: :roll: :roll:
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

samuria wrote:what utter rubbish... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well Im shan't be posting in there anymore...... via pm!! :roll:
Such a shame, as I'm sure sellers appreciate constructive comments praise plaudits and advice.

Nice to comment when a car's for sale that looks nicely turned out too, regardless if interested in buying it or not.

I'm utterly bamboozled on this one
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

[quote="C.J."
Well Im shan't be posting in there anymore...... via pm!! :roll:
Such a shame, as I'm sure sellers appreciate constructive comments praise plaudits and advice.

Nice to comment when a car's for sale that looks nicely turned out too, regardless if interested in buying it or not.

I'm utterly bamboozled on this one[/quote]

same here... i am on several other forums.... never known this
to happen before :roll:
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

That'll teach 'em,--- about time the riff raff were put in their place, responding to posts here, there and everywhere! :D Today 'for sale' tomorrow ?

C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

All very cynical heavy handed and reeks of totally OTT censorship IMO.

Disappointed to say the least, and there was me thinking the Morris Minor owners club was a warm welcoming friendly community too. :roll:
No disrespect to the general membership here btw. Good helpful bunch but governed censored and ruled by an iron fist it seems. :evil:

I'll say tarar now just in case I get banned for stating my views openly.
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

Thought I'd make a reply on that thread that was linked up there^^^^.
Can't. Locked. Presumably posts have to be approved via pm first? :roll:

This change has been requested by the Executive Committee of the Club.

Committee ey?
Says it all.

I've been on a committee in a motor club so I have a bit of an insight as to how they tick unfortunately.

Didn't like me NOT 'towing the party line' and creating waves that didn't suit the majority way of thinking, so told them after a very heated public argument that came close to blows, I to stick the post where the sun don't shine that I'd worked so hard in for everyone's benefit for 18 years, and have never been back since.
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

Why's this been moved to 'problems with the message board' , when clearly it isn't a problem with it at all in terms of faultiness, or is the cynical side of me suggesting that it's been moved down here into the gloomy dungeon out of harms way p'raps, all nice and quiet, dark and cosy where not many venture? :roll:

Yup, I'm a naughty boy for daring to question the validity of the actions of the untouchable hierarchy of those in the MMOC Towers Executive suite.

Glass of water and a dry crust please anyone?
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Another one just been put in the "for sale" section with no location and now other than PM no way of asking the seller to include it.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Maybe the executive committee, who apparently saw fit to ban response on a certain 'topic', could use their clout to make useful changes to this site, like stopping posts being shown if location is not included. Something more useful might merit praise instead of complaint. :roll:

StaffsMoggie
Minor Addict

Post by StaffsMoggie »

Ive not been on for a while, nothing has changed I see!! :(
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

No, we still won't lay down!

C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

les wrote:Maybe the executive committee, who apparently saw fit to ban response on a certain 'topic', could use their clout to make useful changes to this site, like stopping posts being shown if location is not included. Something more useful might merit praise instead of complaint. :roll:

Read the article in the club rag, and it's all to do with litigation, legal issues lah de dah de diddly dum, blah blah blah zzzzz. :roll: ...apparently.
Strange how cars for sale reply facilities on other forums don't seem to be being censored so heavily ...thank goodness.
Any trouble and I believe they use something called 'moderators' to act accordingly. :-?

Completely and utterly OTT PC load of nonsense petty reaction, to what exactly, I'm not completely sure tbqh but hey ho, I'm not a privileged one in an ivory tower making these dopey (IMO) decisions.

IF and when I come to sell Moggsy,I will post a link on the general forum to eBay or such like, as I'll actually want prospective purchaser to enquire and ask questions without all this complete and utter 'pm first' nonsense.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

With a moderators hat on I can see why its happened - almost all of the breaches of T&Cs were in that section (and yes, I know a lot of you don't agree with them!). The specific catalyst was due to a complaint from a seller directly to the club head office.

What I would say is that I had no idea it was even in discussion until it happened...

I can't think of another forum with this either, but can think of several where if things like location/price etc were omitted the advert would be deleted!
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

Matt wrote:With a moderators hat on I can see why its happened - almost all of the breaches of T&Cs were in that section (and yes, I know a lot of you don't agree with them!). The specific catalyst was due to a complaint from a seller directly to the club head office.

What I would say is that I had no idea it was even in discussion until it happened...

I can't think of another forum with this either, but can think of several where if things like location/price etc were omitted the advert would be deleted!

Nowt like keeping the front line troops FULLY up to speed with the battle plans ey, sigh? :roll:

Sorry, the gaffers are ALWAYS and without question or consultation with those at the sharp end...RIGHT. :evil:

I can draw similarities with my previous employer from 20 years ago here sadly...British Gas. :roll:
"Do as we say, not as we do, and If it's TOO hot in the kitchen, GET OUT!"

I didn't, and i did.

Tell me. Is this an enthusiasts forum for information, questions, observations, opinions, laughs, banter and general sharing of our pleasure, or a corporate business now, because I'm becoming very confused. :-?
Being dictated to here like naughty little school children. :x

I
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

StaffsMoggie wrote:Ive not been on for a while, nothing has changed I see!! :(
Well I've only been in here for just over 12 months, so don't know what's happened in the past, but no.....er yes actually, things have changed. See O.P. for further details in fact.