Replies made by PM just sit in Outbox....confusing!

Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
plumby74
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Replies made by PM just sit in Outbox....confusing!

Post by plumby74 »

I see this characteristic of the software has been raised before......

I have three PM items sitting in my Outbox, and it seems they do not move/cannot move till the addressee opens them up. Strange.

Phil
amgrave
Minor Addict

Re: Replies made by PM just sit in Outbox....confusing!

Post by amgrave »

Could be a bigger problem as I think some people have said they are not getting PM received notifications.

kissncrate

Post by kissncrate »

I am supposed to be arranging a sale tomorrow and I can't confirm with my buyer.... I seem to be about to lose £4000
aaaaaghghghhgbh WHAT?????
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Sent messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads them. If the recipient does not read the message then it will remain in the outbox. Recipients can choose whether to receive emial notifications of a new PM. If they select to not receive emails, then they won;t know about new PMs unless they login to the forum. When logged in, there is a clear indication if x new messages in the grey panel at the top of the screen. The recipient will also receive a pop-up about new messages when they log in - but browsers can be set to to block pop-ups.

I hope that explains it all. I would hope that if someone was serious about spending £4K on a car then they would be checking for and reading messages.