Upgrade 28/03/18

Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Upgrade 28/03/18

Post by simmitc »

Since the upgrade, the icons in the top right of each post have been replaced by plain oblongs. The correct tips display when hovering the pointer over the oblong, but the icons would be more useful. Is everyone else seeing this problem or is it just me?
palacebear
Minor Legend

Re: Upgrade 28/03/18

Post by palacebear »

As I predominantly access the forum from a smartphone, I don't have the luxury of 'hovering' over the icons and would like to see instantly recognisable icons returned!
Also, on a smartphone anyway, the 'smilies' or emoji s are now arranged in two columns of seven, occupying a lot of unnecessary screen space.
1956 4-door called Max
GavinL
Minor Fan

Post by GavinL »

Yes I'm seeing the same on a pc and an iPad. On an iPad the text doesn't appear when you touch the oblongs.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Another issue. Unless I'm not seeing it, there doesn't appear to be the option to quote another post any more
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

palacebear wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 pm Another issue. Unless I'm not seeing it, there doesn't appear to be the option to quote another post any more
It is still there 'bear' (I've just used it to reply to you) but the icons inside the boxes have disappeared. It will not be a serious problem, likely nothing more than misaddressing, and I've asked our IT provider to track it down. In the meantime, you can still do it by hovering over the boxes in the upper right of each post until the default text appears to tell what each of them are. I'm afraid that might not work for mobile phones though, but like I said I'll get it addressed asap
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Mike. Yes it is still there. I've found it now. My short term memory tends to lead me astray on occasions. I think the icon used to be 'quotation mark's signifying 'quote from another post'. Currently the anonymous 'box' icon visible on smart-phone is entitled 'Post a reply' which caused my confusion! :roll:
1956 4-door called Max
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

I noticed that the top right of every post on my PC has little oval items that presumably feature as "Report/Edit etc" but are all identical. Minor issue, unless I notic a spulling misttake in my posts.
Ah, I was just abou to post this but see it is already in hand. Ta.
Cardiff, UK
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Mike, another issue for our IT provider: The Moderator Control Panel does not work.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

When composing a PM there is a facility to add additional recipients but when trying to do that I receive a message that the limit has been exceeded, meaning that one can send to only one recipient at a time.
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

And I'm still not getting any notifications :(