Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
KeithL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Notification of new posts

Post by KeithL »

I haven't had any notifications of new posts to the forum since about March 21st whereas I had a small but steady stream before then. I have checked my settings and they all seem in order. I have unsubscribed and re-subscribed to some forums and even tried subscribing to some new forums but still no notifications.

Could someone take a look please. Many thanks.

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Re: Notification of new posts

Post by myoldjalopy »

Yes, me too. I have advised Admin a couple of times but still no joy! :(
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

our IT provider, the company that MMOC contract to manage the website, were contracted to do the board update so long ago that I have genuinely lost track. It certainly wasn't last month, or the month before. Or the one before that. But this isn't the time or place for me to vent frustration about that so I'll just leave it that it should have been done - and more importantly checked before it was done - some considerable time ago. Unfortunately they finally got round to it last week, just a couple of days before I was due to take a weeks trip with my looked after lads in the Hebrides. That's meant that I wouldn't have been around to help rectify any issues this week anyway, of which there seem to be a decent handful (despite the assurances of checking beforehand that we'd been given), as there is awful data coverage off mainland Scotland. Shortly after I got to my destination though, I received word that my mum had passed away, and so I have returned home to deal with that. There is no criticism of anyone implied - none of you knew of my circumstances so your queries were entirely appropriate. I hope you can see though that they are not top of my list of priorities at the moment and it may be a couple of weeks until I am back properly to track down and resolve these problems. In the meantime, our IT provider are also aware of the issues and should be addressing them, but if not I will start on them as soon as I can. Thank you all for your understanding in the meantime.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Sorry to hear of your loss Mike, obviously that's your main concern now, the website can wait.

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

It looks like this may be sorted. I received a batch of notifications earlier, all dated 29/3/18. I will monitor.

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Me too - I just got a shedload of notifications through late last night!
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

I had already resolved the 'reputation' issue that had previously affected these notifications, but it now transpires that during the forum upgrade the address assigned to send these mails had been changed to 'default', and so no notifications had been sent. When I agreed to take on the messageboard alongside creating us a new website, I told the clubs directors that I would not be the whipping boy for other peoples errors, and I want to tell you that the upgrade was processed by our IT provider. If you think it's a poor show that processes were not checked, I'd be forced to agree with you.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I think Mike's comments above cover my experience during the past few days, but I'll mention them in case they suggest further "tweaking' by our IT provider is needed.

Sunday. I received 4 private messages each with the expected notification icon on the forum but with no email notification despite my account preferences requesting them. I read / replied to each message.

Tuesday. Between 5pm and 7pm. I received a second set of 4 notifications for the same messages. Each, this time, accompanied by an email notification to my Gmail inbox as required.

No big deal for me. Just a bit puzzling at first! :)
1956 4-door called Max