Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

NEW - can't post photos

Post by palacebear »

All fine a month ago. Now my photo attachments just disappear when I click 'submit'. They don't appear in drafts either. Latest attempts are from PC as usual. Photo sizes are approx 80kb which worked ok last month and are jpeg format.
Help please....?

Sideline issue. Forum attachment manager indicates I've added no attachments since August 2017. Incorrect! Numerous additions since then. The most recent successful attachment being on 26/03/18.

Getting frustrated but trying to remain civil about it all!
1956 4-door called Max
les
Minor Maniac

Re: NEW - can't post photos

Post by les »

Thought I'd try after reading your post, as I've had issues before, appears to work for me today. My problems seem to be file size related but with 80 Kb obviously not yours. -----edit, just noticed you use a PC, I'm using iPad.
IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0922.JPG (71.32 KiB) Viewed 4500 times
I have however noticed I'm not a member now, can't think what I've done wrong.

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I haven't been able to add attachments from a mobile device (I use a Samsung android phone) for almost 18 months. In desperation I tried again this evening, and success! Despite huge file sizes of 403KiB, 455KiB and 516KiB I've been able to upload three pics from my mobile with no problem (evidence to be found in 'Spotted Today').
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Can't blame you for being frustrated - these image posting issues are becoming more and more tiresome. I thank you for remaining civil though, as I can't help but feel more cooperative with that rather than some of the posts we've had in the past :lol: . Getting to the bottom of this is bloody difficult, because it seems to be not only occurring to one member but not another, but also occurring or not occurring to the same member at different times.

Okay, here should be an image from Drive It Day this weekend, let's see if this works correctly. I'll have a look at the attachments in a bit.
rear.jpg
rear.jpg (107.74 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
Oh, and Les... I'm guessing you're referring to the MMOC Member field alongside your name in the column alongside posts? If so, you're right in that you're not currently listed as a member, along with absolutely everybody else other than anyone joining within the past few days who have had the opportunity to tick Yes or No when registering. You'll all get the ability to modify your answer to that question in your member control panel when it's all complete. Don't even think of moaning about another change lol, it's naff all to do with me and everything to do with this new GDPR guff which you'll be reading about everywhere. I have asked if I'm allowed to make the default entry blank rather than No for existing messageboard members until they make a selection, but I've not heard back about whether that's okay or not. I'll come back to you when I have more news
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

No worries Mike, I'm taking it in good spirit! :D ----- nice picture btw.

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Just checking Palacebear - you are sure about the attachment manager not having any images for you since last year? Only I've just looked at my own version, and found that the image I just added above is half way down the list. It took me a moment to figure out why - for some bizarre reason, the listing is in alphabetical order of file names, rather than in date added order!
Here's a slightly larger image from the same event, just to check sizes
front.jpg
front.jpg (493.92 KiB) Viewed 4480 times
EDIT: Yup, that's it I think. I've just looked at your profile and you're right, the top listed image is from August last year, but further down the page there are images added later. At the very foot of the page, you can choose the Sort method, so if you change that to 'Post Time' and 'Descending', I reckon you'll find it more to your taste. The only thing is, I don't currently know if the board will remember your Sort choice for the next time you view that page, but hey here's hoping :lol:
Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Info
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Mike. Indeed you're quite correct regarding the attachment manager. I've found them now... different image numbering as and when I've uploaded from different cameras or devices... tends to jumble them somewhat! We'll call that issue closed and dealt with! :)
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

palacebear wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:52 pm Mike. Indeed you're quite correct regarding the attachment manager. I've found them now... different image numbering as and when I've uploaded from different cameras or devices... tends to jumble them somewhat! We'll call that issue closed and dealt with! :)
Yay, another satisfied customer! Oh okay then, a satisfied customer...
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Thought I'd just add something to this.
I've been absent for a couple of months and wow have things changed in that time.
I'm seeing no attachment photos, just little 'Attachment' boxes telling me how often the attachment has been downloaded.
My profile is set to see attachments...

I did (before reading this) discover the MMOC Member yes/no function in the profile, and have changed that over, so that's something. :wink:

....and I've just noticed that the buttons top left 'Edit' etc are now just tiny little narrow things with no graphic on them ...
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Relating to viewing images, I'm now experiencing, albeit randomly, the same problems that geobernie refers to. The test images attached by Admin in this thread on 24 April 18 were visible on the day they were posted but no longer are. The same problem exists with an image I attached to a post in General Discussion>Spotted Today, on 30 April 18. The image was visible on the day I posted it but no longer is. I don't think its size related as images of similar sizes which I attached to posts on 24 April 18 (also in Spotted Today) are still visible... to me anyway! :-?

The above issue is present when accessing the forum via either mobile (android) device, or PC.
I am still unable to attach images from PC, where image sizes as small as 70kb flag as being too large. I can attach images as large as 500kb from mobile device, although they randomly disappear a few days after posting.

@ geoberni: the issue with the small buttons for 'edit' 'quote' 'delete' and 'report' have been brought to the attention of Mike Dean (Admin).
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

I am genuinely losing the will with this messageboard lol. No, nothing has changed that should have upset anything that we confirmed as working last week PB, so it's another support request to our IT provider. Yes, I know they haven't answered the last one yet. Yes, it [censored] me off too.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

At least now I know it isn't just me. :roll:

Out of curiosity I called up my Spotted Today post dated 30 April 2018 and went to 'Edit' only to find a string of error coding in the posting's header. Don't know if that's of any help in identifying the problem...?
Last edited by palacebear on Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1956 4-door called Max
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

The club needs to raid its piggy bank and get a quality provider.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Admin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Oh, and Les... I'm guessing you're referring to the MMOC Member field alongside your name in the column alongside posts? If so, you're right in that you're not currently listed as a member, along with absolutely everybody else other than anyone joining within the past few days who have had the opportunity to tick Yes or No when registering. You'll all get the ability to modify your answer to that question in your member control panel when it's all complete. Don't even think of moaning about another change lol, it's naff all to do with me and everything to do with this new GDPR guff which you'll be reading about everywhere. I have asked if I'm allowed to make the default entry blank rather than No for existing messageboard members until they make a selection, but I've not heard back about whether that's okay or not. I'll come back to you when I have more news

Ummm.... GDPR is about protecting personal data... so why introduce another field that is revealing personal data....
If there is not a blank option, then the individual is faced with having yes or No. if they are a member but put NO, then they are displaying incorrect and misleading data, if they answer yes, they are being forced to reveal data... just a thought?
Basically why introduce a filed that causes more problems than it solves....
Basil the 1955 series II

BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)

Post by BrianHawley »

Admin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 pm Can't blame you for being frustrated - these image posting issues are becoming more and more tiresome. I thank you for remaining civil though, as I can't help but feel more cooperative with that rather than some of the posts we've had in the past :lol: . Getting to the bottom of this is bloody difficult, because it seems to be not only occurring to one member but not another, but also occurring or not occurring to the same member at different times.

Okay, here should be an image from Drive It Day this weekend, let's see if this works correctly. I'll have a look at the attachments in a bit.
rear.jpg

Mike, I’m not seeing the photo. Just a grey box with the image name in it.

Also, can we get the icons back for the edit/report/quote buttons?
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

The only post I've found today, in any topic with any photo actually showing is this one, which took me by surprise. I wonder why it's not affected?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68236#p624678
Basil the 1955 series II

BrianHawley
Minor Fan

Post by BrianHawley »

2CE78789-4BA6-4BF8-BB99-CC8EA9D11BC0.jpeg
2CE78789-4BA6-4BF8-BB99-CC8EA9D11BC0.jpeg (56.96 KiB) Viewed 4310 times
Posting this as an experiment
Brian

BrianHawley
Minor Fan

Post by BrianHawley »

No. Can’t see it
Brian

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I was feeling left out but feel a lot better now, as I've just done a test and can confirm I can't post pictures either. :D

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

I haven't been able to post any photos for ages..... Always used to without any trouble and still can on other websites. None of my equipment has changed......
This isn't having a go at Mike by the way who is plainly doing his best but honestly, this forum - which represents one of the largest clubs there is - and which we as members are paying for - does not strike me as good value for money in its present form :-?