walkers crisps advert

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dalebrignall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

walkers crisps advert

Post by dalebrignall »

there is a new advert for walkers crisps with an ex footballer at the wheel of a routemaster bus,doing summer holiday,at the very start of the add is a moggie minor
coogee
Minor Friendly

Post by coogee »

dave1949
Minor Fan

Post by dave1949 »

an ex footballer at the wheel of a routemaster bus,
Gary Linekar,Salt & Linekar crisps
jackkelleher
Minor Fan

Post by jackkelleher »

Good advert... Anyone recognise the bus roof scene from a Bond film? It was Live and Let Die, with Roger Moore... He drove a double decker (probably a routemaster) through a low bridge on a Carribean island, with much the same effect! The only difference was the absence of a trio on the top deck, and the bus was blue... :)
Whatever else you say about advertising, you have to admit they're still better about recycling than anyone else :D
Is rust infectious? My hands are turning red...
[img]http://photos-439.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v67/180/74/804015439/s804015439_179651_9033.jpg[/img]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

The 'roof job' shot is excellent - but for it to break off so perfectly I think it must have been pre-weakened before it hit the bridge!
ImageImage
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Never! Who'd have thought it :D
a
jackkelleher
Minor Fan

Post by jackkelleher »

The way they did it in the Bond film was to have the roof cut off, then put back on with a couple of bolts, sitting on top of a whole load of ball bearings... :)
Is rust infectious? My hands are turning red...
[img]http://photos-439.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v67/180/74/804015439/s804015439_179651_9033.jpg[/img]
crossword
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by crossword »

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but on the back of Walker's crisps , there is a statement to the effect that Walkers crisps are actively seeking to reduce their carbon footprint . The purchaser is then told the carbon footprint of the packet he/she has just enjoyed . So far , the footprint is more than twice the stated weight of the packet .
Environmentally then is it better to grow the potatoes & plough them back into the soil or simply not to let them be made into crisps ?

A
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by HarryMango »

But where would all my neighbours work then ? :lol:

Rog
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Just to get slightly back on topic (yes, yes, I know this is the off topic section but this off topic post is going off topic :lol: ) there's a smoke grey 4 door for sale in the current issue of Classic Car Weekly advertised as "recently used in crisps TV advert ready for Morris Minor 60th Anniversary" :P

Eric - 1971 Traveller
leyther8008
Minor Fan

Post by leyther8008 »

According to Ken Bruce on radio two, (who also owns a routemaster) theres something strange going on with the handbrake during the shots of the cab, it hasnt been on since I heard but apparently its an On Off On Off continuity error.
I'll see you on the otherside'!