A Little Suprise

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MortisMinor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

A Little Suprise

Post by MortisMinor »

Okay, so i recently moved to the countryside. Infact all i can see from my window is fields and trees. ALlthough we do have a neighbourh. Hes not the sort of person you would except to be into minors. But to my suprise, he had seen my minor. He then told me he had restored 4!. This was great, he even offered to help me with mine. But he also new alot about our house. Apparently it had once been used as a storage faccility for old cars. He didnt know what except there was a nice model t there. After all this he was even so kind as to give me a workshop manual. An origional brown one published by Autopress LTD. ANy oen know anything about thease manuals?. I havent seen one anywhere. Plus it has a nice leath/vinyl cover on it :p.

Thanks,
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/darkdonkey/DrivingSMily.gif[/img] [img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/darkdonkey/DrivingSmilySkidMark.gif[/img]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I think Autopress is more of an Owners Guide rather than a true Workshop Manual. I've PMd you the link to the official Manual.
ImageImage
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

They are often on ebay if you do a search I am sure you will find some of their manuals
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

The Autopress books I've had have been workshop manuals, similar to Haynes but generally more practical, telling you how to get around not having special tools, and general hints which make you feel that the writer is "with you"! Never seen many around though, suppose it was a bit like VHS vs Betamax!
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

ALlthough we do have a neighbourh. Hes not the sort of person you would except to be into minors.
What sort of person would you expect to be into Minors? :-?

Minor owners come in all shapes, sizes, ages, backgrounds and occupations. There's not a particular type :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Louise, I think I understand what he means, I had a similar situation by me.

People knew I was restoring an old car, but they had never seen it as it was tucked away in my garage.

I drove it out and up the drive for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Low and behold all of a sudden everyone now wants to know me purely because it's a moggy! To be fair I never realised the humble moggy held such affection with people. They even like hearing me rev it on a sunday morning!!! :-? :lol:
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

You'll find that almost everyone either used to have a Minor or knows someone that did. It's that sort of car. You'll find that most people look or stop to chat when you're in it :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

LouiseM wrote:You'll find that almost everyone either used to have a Minor or knows someone that did. It's that sort of car. You'll find that most people look or stop to chat when you're in it :D
but it will not allways be like that :(
MortisMinor
Minor Friendly

Post by MortisMinor »

What sort of person would you expect to be into Minors?
He has a campervan a golf and a passat :P. Makes potery, and travels the world. Has soem intresting storys about africa though :P. Nice guy but i really didnt expect it.
[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/darkdonkey/DrivingSMily.gif[/img] [img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/darkdonkey/DrivingSmilySkidMark.gif[/img]
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Post by 8009STEVE »

There's not a particular type
Yes there is. Most either own a moggie or have owned one. Or just like a great classic