Power/Pressure Washer?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
croft
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Power/Pressure Washer?

Post by croft »

My cheapy power washer has given up (after 2yrs!) so I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone have any idears on what to go for? I'm looking to spend around £50.00 - £80.00 I want to use it for cleaning underbody - Patio slabs and fences.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Try Argos - good deals at the moment. My cheapy has lasted for years and years! Two things - it must NEVER run short of water - and it MUST NOT freeze in winter. So keep it indoors - under the bed if necessary!
ImageImage
ani
Minor Addict

Post by ani »

No idea - but here's an idea! If you wanted a pressure washer and a compressor - could you use the compressor with attachments to turn it into a pressure washer. I've absolutely no idea but seemed like a good idea to get two in one if it were possible?? I expect experts will know the answers :-)

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It 'can' be so used - same idea as water injector in locomotive steam boiler - but not really practical for this purpose. Pressure washer for ~£40 I think in Argos!
ImageImage
paulhumphries
Minor Legend

Post by paulhumphries »

I used to have an expenive Karcher pressure washer that suffered from frost damage. Repairable but not worth the cost of parts alone (3 pistons needed at £29 each & £50 seals kit :-? )so I bought a cheap one for around £70 from Aldi. Turns out the Aldi one is made by Karcher and is actually a far better machine than the one costing almost 3 times as much !
Check out the specs on any potential purchase. The very cheap pressure washers often have a limit on usage time before having to allow a "cooling off period" whereas the better ones are rated for continous use.

Paul H.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - pressure washing slabs is the most miserable job in the World - so you will be glad of a few 'cooling off' breaks ! Sadly - my machine soldiers on relentlessly!
ImageImage
paulhumphries
Minor Legend

Post by paulhumphries »

bmcecosse wrote:Well - pressure washing slabs is the most miserable job in the World - so you will be glad of a few 'cooling off' breaks ! Sadly - my machine soldiers on relentlessly!
I have a long (maybe 100+ feet) sandstone wall around my house (built in an old quarry hence sandstone in abundance and used to retain land) ranging from nearly 6 foot at highest down to about 3 foot. The other year I pressure washed the moss, algae etc that had formed over the last 35 years. A most sole destroying job that took days

When washing slabs with any "green stuff" be aware that it's a way of catching Guillain Barre Syndrome from any spores that get blown around and a simple face mask is recommended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain-B ... 9_syndrome

Paul H
croft
Minor Fan

Post by croft »

I've seen this one on e-bay! looks ok on the stats and seems reasonably priced any comments? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-POWER-JET-PRE ... 7C294%3A50
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Just get this one -in Argos - and add the 3 year replacement cover for another £7!! http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 107607.htm
ImageImage