do you have funny car in your area?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
britany
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

do you have funny car in your area?

Post by britany »

Noddy'car :P :P <br>Image<br>
Mick_Anik
Minor Fan

Post by Mick_Anik »

fwaahrytasto
Last edited by Mick_Anik on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nigelr2000
Minor Addict

Post by nigelr2000 »

I intend to live forever.....so far so good

The other place to be :- http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Fiat Topolino!
ImageImage
britany
Minor Friendly

Post by britany »

Hello Mick ; "That's cute! The front wings look quite Beetle-ish??????? "

Hello BMC

It is a FIAT 500 GAMINE by VIGNALE (400 ex)

Hey guys, no pics comic's ,movie's ...car during yours Rallies or Run ? <br>Image<br>
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

Err... Mr Anik, are those really trees in your photo? I was led to believe the only plant that grew in Poland was cabbage :D
Do they still produce your little blue creation? By 1997 it would have been a bit sticky over here for emission controls on antique aircooled flat twins, or is it F/I and catted?
Also seem to be losing something in the translation of your Polish jokes, I think!! :lol:
Mick_Anik
Minor Fan

Post by Mick_Anik »

For nigelr2000......"Przepraszam?" translates as "Excuse me?", so your post of "I'm sorry????" was uncannily close :) ! (Edit added: I'm sorry, you are spot on! Same thing. I just realised you checked on a dictionary website, nigelr2000. But I will leave my post 'as was').
Poles generally are not well up on the "how may elephants" line of corny jokes, and if, on top of that, he or she didn't speak English, well.......that's the joke. (Just!).

And for linearaudio, it is catted, and has electronic ignition. And it has been out of production for several years now. It was to Poland what the Moggie was to Britain, in many ways, although there wasn't a van or traveller version. When I first came here they were everywhere, but now you can be out all day and see only one or two.

It's tough living in a forest miles from anywhere AND trying to be environmentally friendly......during the winter we have to burn wood and coal to stay alive. The alternative would be to use heaps of electricity, with the power station burning the coal for us! Gas or oil is not an option as the delivery vehicle would often be unable to reach the house through the snowy forest.

There's more to Poland than cabbage. It's just about the nicest place in the European Union. Good manners and common civility reign. I can walk just about anywhere, and if I come across a farmer he waves and wishes me well, rather than shouting "Get orf my land!"

I'm just back from a full day in our local market town, and what a very pleasant day it was. The town has an air of being on the way up.............a phenomena I didn't experience anywhere during a four-year return to England between 2004 and 2008. Quietly industrious and with immense patience, the Poles continue to build a brighter future for themselves.

A fair deal, really.....Poland got me, and in return blessed the UK with tens of thousands of Poles.

That's what I call a good exchange rate :D!
Last edited by Mick_Anik on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mogwai
Minor Addict

Post by Mogwai »

linearaudio wrote:Do they still produce your little blue creation? By 1997
People were sill bringing them to main dealers for servicing in 1997 :lol: :wink:
they're fun to drive though as they feel like your doing 70 at 30mph
[sig]7538[/sig]
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

We're having a bright yellow serbian zastava 750 ( http://ned.ronet.ru/0/1965%20Zastava%20750_2.jpg suicide doors, oh no!) arrive tomorrow, to compliment our serbian built pinzgauer.

It's had a bit of a story - we sent two of our friends over to swap a cheap jag and a freelander for it, and they got there, picked up the zastava, then refused to drive it any further home than Vienna! So they left it there with our serbian correspondent's best friend's sister's mechanic who couldn't drive. So dad has had to drive out with a trailer to get it.
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

I had a Fiat 126 Bis myself, loved it to bits, pity cylinder head kept going :( I could park anywhere with it, but working on the engine was a nightmare!! it lasted only 9months, big small fun

Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Blaketon »

The boy racer Prattmobiles might be considered funny, though perhaps pathetic might be more apt. They seem to take something utterly bland and then attach almost regulation "Accessories", none of which have a positive effect on the performance. Examples seem to be a large bucket under the rear bumper, into which the exhaust is fed, a loud stereo, which plays the same "Music" constantly (If a carpenter knocking in nails counts as music), ponse lights instead of normal rear lights and bin liner stuck to the inside of the windows.

My next door neighbour, now retired, helps out at a local garage. He asked the owner of one such vehicle (Sporting plastic appendages, self tappered to rusty panels) why he didn't spend money on maintenence (His tyres were down to the metal reinforcement layers :o ) as opposed to rubbish. The reply was "Cos it won't look good", to which my neighbour replied "It doesn't look good anyway". He doesn't mince his words :lol: .
leyther8008
Minor Fan

Post by leyther8008 »

The guys in Manchester built a Noddy car Morris Minor have'nt seen it around for a whilw though.
I'll see you on the otherside'!
britany
Minor Friendly

Post by britany »

HI all
Fiat 600,Zastava,126.....memories..for some
Hey Leyther ,surely great Noddy car Morris Minor . no picts?
This Sunday in my village : Here 2 CV Citroen modified 8) <br>Image<br>
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

The zastava arrived on saturday.. It's like a very angry bumblebee, with (I swear) the original upholstery!
I'll get some pics as soon as I can, when I've stopped laughing!