Printer question.

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Printer question.

Post by IaininTenbury »

Hi all,

I need to print off around 250 A5 envelopes every two months for a club magazine. My laser printer won't accept envelopes as they are too thick and cause a paper jam, and the ink jet printer I have, will print them but they have to be loaded one at a time which is not really practical.
My predecessor used a very cheap ink jet printer that would take about 5-6 at a time and he just sat there loading it.
So the question is, does anyone know of a printer that will accept a wedge of envelopes in the paper feed tray? Does such a thing exist? Its not something the sales person in the computer shop is likely to know really.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
pfgiz
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Printer question.

Post by pfgiz »

Why don't you print labels, which can be fed through the laser, then stick them to the envelopes?

Just an idea.
Peter Gisby.

IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

That would be my preferred solution, but there seems to be some problem in outputting the database to labels (not my department in the club) also a certain attitude that its worked ok for years like this, so why can't it continue...
I also do the newsletters for the MMOC branch and put labels on those and it works a treat. Two minutes to print, and stick them on at my convenience.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
sgray
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by sgray »

or print the name and address on to the contents and use A5 window envelopes.
1970 Minor 1000 Pickup - Blue
Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Oxon & Berks MMOC branch member and webmaster - http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox