Hastings Direct

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Hastings Direct

Post by bmcecosse »

beware this Insurance Co! Just phoned them (20 mins wait time to get an answer) to change the (modern) car details and they have a £35 'Admin' charge to do this! Never ever experienced this with any other Insurance Co. They won't be getting my renewal business when this policy runs out.....
ImageImage
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Hastings Direct

Post by irmscher »

Quite a few do this :evil:
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

Not with this insurer but we have had admin charges imposed for fairly basic changes to the policy by another insurer it's how they make profits I guess :o
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Name and shame lads! I used to be with More Than (who never charged for changes) - moved to this mob to save some cash - no mention of charges for changes until I had bought the policy......and I wasn't expecting to make any changes anyway....... :-?
ImageImage
millerman
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by millerman »

Roy, why don't you try RH for a quote?
GAS
Minor Fan

Post by GAS »

Any time i've spoke to Adrian Flux it cost £35 notes.......... :evil: :evil: :evil:
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Seriously? I mess RH about something terrible - adding the TR7 to the Minor policy then taking it off 3 months later - certainly no 'admin' charge although I do obviously pay for the additional insurance cover. The more I hear of Adrian Flux the less i like the sound of it........ Haven't thought of using RH for the modern car - but come October I certainly WILL be looking at all options. Hastings won't be seeing another penny from me........
ImageImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Whilst I agree that charging for changes is unfair (other industries dont do it) I'm afraid to say this thread is in breach of T&Cs...
8. You agree not to negatively criticise any individual, organisation, product or service.