Another Dodgy Ebay Listing

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PhilR
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Another Dodgy Ebay Listing

Post by PhilR »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200902268060? ... 1423.l2649

Not a Morris I know but nevertheless......the mileage being quoted by this seller is not correct. I should know, I used to own this car in the late 80's/ early 90's!! it was purchased by my father in the late 80's with 66k on the clock supported by service invoices and all MoTs. The ownership subsequently passed to my and when I sold it, it had covered approx. 125k again supported by all service invoices and MoTs. How he is passing the mileage off as 59k amazes me. He must have been very creative with the invoices if indeed the do support the mileage!

I have tried to contact the seller via Ebay and via text message to advise him of this and suggested he change the listing, but surprise surprise he hasnt responded. I have reported this to Ebay but there is no option for you to add any comments and the options that are given do not cover this.
welshrat
Minor Addict

Re: Another Dodgy Ebay Listing

Post by welshrat »

He does not actually say that the large amount of history supports the low milage, he has been rather clever though because thats what it implies. I would think it has done an additional 34K since it left you and has therfore done 159K that would show on the clock as just 59000.

Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

On any car 30+ years old I would not even bother to look at the millage on the clock ... no matter what 'supporting paperwork' exists.

the clock, the engine and any number of major parts are likely to have been changed or fiddled with a number of times.

at the end of the day you have to see the car in person and judge it as it stand there at the kerb side and work out if it is worth the money they are asking and perhaps how 'honest' or original the car is if that is what you are specifically after.
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Post it on the MG B forum aswell so those chaps are aware.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Imho a lot of ebay motors listings are dodgy :(