Visual Accounts

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Visual Accounts

Post by win »

Good morning
A long shot, I am asking if anyone has any infomation regarding an accounting package called Visual Accounts.

I obtained it on a 3.5" floppy disc 20 years ago, no comments please.
It is a very usfull tool to me and I find it easy to use, all my accounts in it, for 20 years.

I am trying to transfer it back on to my computer,after having to do a disc recovery, but my original disc will not reload it,
it is showing in my documents, may have been transfered with all my other documents. I have used it on Windows 7 before.
It will load, and the original file is on the screen, but it only appears to be temporary, when I shut down, it is lost, and I cannot transfer my files to it.

Has anyone any infomation regarding this? a spare disc would be perfect.
I have a copy loaded on my spare laptop, which works, but I am unable to transfer it, from Vista to Windows 7.

Failing this can anyone recomend a replacment program, free would be nice.

Thank you in advance, and for a fantastic forum, a wealth of infomation.

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
Trickydicky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Visual Accounts

Post by Trickydicky »

Hi Win,
Here is a link to the software where you can purchase a replacement copy, http://www.visualaccounts.co.uk/buyva.htm
The cost of the home edition is not too bad, in your situation it may be wise to bite the bullet and buy a replacement copy.
It looks like you download the program and they suply you with a key to unlock the features, you could then copy the software to a cd and keep the key in a safe place.

If you have a copy of the key from when you purchased the software initially, on the downloads page there are older versions of the software to download and you could maybe use your key.
Further down the download page are also instructions for using older copys of the software.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Visual Accounts

Post by win »

Hi Richard
Thanks for the link, I cannot believe I did not think of that. The current program looks to be exactly like mine.
At that price good value for money.
On a brighter note, I found my cribb sheet, regarding installing it, the original now works fine.

Thanks once again Richard
Regards Win
South Yorkshire