National 2015

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
themightylionel
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

National 2015

Post by themightylionel »

Does anyone know the dates for the mmoc national 2015? :)

Lionel and I, my 1965 2 door :)
tysonn
Minor Legend

Re: National 2015

Post by tysonn »

Dont know the date but its in the best location!Gods' own county.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Could REGIONAL "National Rally's" be organised?

ie; "Southern" & "Northern".

What are other peoples' thoughts?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

Will Scotland be having their own if they "go it alone"?
:roll:
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

What about CHESHIRE some of the best driving roads around :)
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Becca/All

The 2015 MMOC National Rally will be at Scampston Hall, North Yorkshire on 27th/28th June 2015

The 2016 MMOC National Rally will be at Catton Hall, Derbyshire on 2nd/3rd July 2016

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

STILL maintain there should be TWO nationals!

Perhaps North Yorkshire one year, the next Oxfordshire?

Give owners more of a chance to enjoy themselves, rather than dreading the
LONG drive back home.

:o
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

it seems you don't get any choice Chris :lol:
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

irmscher wrote:it seems you don't get any choice Chris :lol:
The membership must have been asked beforehand,surely?
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

The decision is made by the National Committee. Moving the Rally north and south, east and west as far as possible.

However, the Club is severely limited in their choice as there are not many venues who can offer us the acreage we require for the rally site, and the right facilities for camping i.e drainage, water supply.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Often disappointing for those in the south, surprised there are no suitable places there. There was one occasion if I recall, that was in the New forest.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Just south of Salisbury it was, and an excellent event & venue. Also been at Sparkford near Yeovil; and of course at Cornbury. It does move around, but only once per year, so it does take time to work around the country.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Works around the country maybe but hangs around north more than it should ! :D

Rasputin
Minor Fan

Post by Rasputin »

This years National will be the last one for me until it gets a bit nearer.As a member for quite a few years I vote for two Nationals.Apart from the magazine I can`t see any reason to remain a member as there aren`t any benefits.I don`t use the clubs insurers,I`ve never bought any club spares and I don`t belong to a local club :(
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Even if you did use those things, you don't need to be a member to buy club spares, fj will still insure you, doubt it will be more expensive, and you could probably join a branch without membership, not 100% sure on that one.

Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

I can't understand why the club does not have at least 4 suitable venues around the country which try to allow for all members in the different parts of the country to attended a national rally at least once in every 4 years. Surely out of the whole country venues can be found?

My question to the organising committee is why has this format not been tried? At least then you can book venues 3 years in advance which would allow time for organising. I know this is easier said than done and a lot of time and effort by individuals goes into organising a national.

Naturally I can't wait for next years national rally to come around, it will be the first time I have attended a national in the 3 years I have been a member of the club and it is local :D
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
sparesman
Minor Fan

Post by sparesman »

les wrote:Even if you did use those things, you don't need to be a member to buy club spares, fj will still insure you, doubt it will be more expensive, and you could probably join a branch without membership, not 100% sure on that one.
Club Spares are only available to members of the MMOC and any affiliated Morris Owners Club eg Morris Register, Morris Minor Club Netherlands etc. Also there was a rule that you have to be a member of the National Club to be a member of a branch otherwise if you are involved in a branch event you are not covered by the club public liability insurance. This may have changed since I was last chairman of a branch and no doubt Rosie Hamilton can clarify this if asked.
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
sparesman
Minor Fan

Post by sparesman »

Trickydicky wrote:I can't understand why the club does not have at least 4 suitable venues around the country which try to allow for all members in the different parts of the country to attended a national rally at least once in every 4 years. Surely out of the whole country venues can be found?

My question to the organising committee is why has this format not been tried? At least then you can book venues 3 years in advance which would allow time for organising. I know this is easier said than done and a lot of time and effort by individuals goes into organising a national.

Naturally I can't wait for next years national rally to come around, it will be the first time I have attended a national in the 3 years I have been a member of the club and it is local :D
Will you be volunteering to help with next year's National Rally and any future ones in your area? If so please contact Andrew Stone soon.
He will also explain all the work he and members of the organising team undertake in planning for and then preparing the venue before the weekend of the rally. All unpaid and has to be fitted in around their day to day work and family lives.
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I've seen non members buying spares from the club stall at rallies, and thought forum members had bought spares advertised here.

themightylionel
Minor Fan

Post by themightylionel »

brucek wrote:Becca/All

The 2015 MMOC National Rally will be at Scampston Hall, North Yorkshire on 27th/28th June 2015

The 2016 MMOC National Rally will be at Catton Hall, Derbyshire on 2nd/3rd July 2016
Thanks Bruce!

Lionel and I, my 1965 2 door :)