Burgled

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Burgled

Post by simmitc »

Just got home from work to find a door forced open and the house ransacked. Waiting for SOC and CID, can't touch anything. Such a mess that we can;t even work out what's been taken. Some real scum out there.
M25VAN
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Burgled

Post by M25VAN »

That's not nice, hope nothing of too much value to you was taken. :(
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

Sorry to hear your news, it must have been a real shock when you discovered it. Lets hope that not too much is missing and what is can be replaced without too much delay from the insurance company. Hope you all get over it OK in the not too distant future.

dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

not nice , they did that to me , but took the patio doors off to get in , hope you get sorted soon .
[sig]5641[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Sorry to hear that - the Cops will only come out if you are an even numbered house......
ImageImage
viewsonic1
Minor Fan

Post by viewsonic1 »

What a shock you've had; you have our sympathies. Let us all know how you get on.
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

The thieves broke into my Aunt and Uncles house at 4.30 in the morning and my Aunt and Uncle were a sleep up stairs, My Uncle only heard they had been broken into when the thieves drove off in my Uncles car. They never did find out who did it as the police said they got better things to do which annoyed my Uncle. My Aunt and Uncle has no respect for the police.

panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

If you set bear traps and electric fences I'm sure the police would take notice - for the wrong reasons :evil:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Awful. Only happened to me once,back in the 70's,but I can still remember the stomach churning feeling when you discover it. Strongly recommend getting a dog or two. Best anti theft devices in the world and lots of fun.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

sorry to hear that..thieving scum make me sick :evil:
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

panky wrote:If you set bear traps and electric fences I'm sure the police would take notice - for the wrong reasons :evil:
Re-name your house "Dolphin Square" - sure that would spark PC Knacker's interest!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Maybe one of the neighbours has a video and captured images of the scum :evil:
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

Sorry to hear of your situation.
I have just installed a four camera colour and night vision 24 hour recording system to cover the house and the Minor.
Really good value at £164 from Amazon.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Thanks to all for sympathy and ideas. By way of an update, the Scenes of Crime Officer (wearing a re-branded CSI badge) arrived after an hour and a half - couldn't get anything useful as the scum had been well educated and were wearing gloves. CID arrived a bit later and took a statement. Next day we leafleted local area and spoke to neigbours, but no leads. It seems that the only things actually stolen go were a couple of cameras and lenses. Apparantly these days the scum really want cash, and we never keep any at home.

We have changed all locks, added some more, replaced the window that the scum broke before going for the door, fitted a steel frame for the door, and installed an alarm. Still not settled, but got to get on with life. More thna ever I am in favour of suspended sentenaces - and have plenty of rope that could be used.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes that's the only suspended sentence that prevents re-offending, and surely that's desirable.

olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Sadly the scum that break in to houses seem to have more rights than the innocents, leaving a bear trap or anything to harm them would be seen as more of an offence than breaking in to your home, I have CCTV and it does put you at an advantage but always remember to put the recording device in a lockable hidden area, I know a bit about CCTV and a friend had his CCTV stolen during a break in.. :cry:

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

My old house backed on to scrubland - and one night I was aware that someone had climbed over the low fence behind the garage and had been in the garden. Then I inadvertently' stored some bits of old timber behind the garage, in which I may have forgotten to remove the nails.... I did hear some anguished shouting a few nights later.....
ImageImage
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

I hope they were wearing flip flops
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

Rusty nails are kinder to the environment.
South Yorkshire
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CenUFCA7Meg
This is the neighbours house a few years back, These lads decided to run away into the dark and the genius at the front found the pond, They went home wet and empty handed after being chased by a rottweiler, no fish were harmed and footage has been sold to TV shows a few times making quite a nice payment.