Twitter

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Twitter

Post by SteveClem »

I'm with Stephen Fry on this. Took him a long time to learn though.
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Twitter

Post by les »

I read he has removed his account a few times before, so the general concenus is he'll open it again. There's no business like show business.

olderisbetter
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by olderisbetter »

I have never got into the social media world, i have real friends and prefer to speak to people face to face, I was told a man in his 40's with over 2,000 facebook friends sat alone this christmas with no visitors, How can that be called social, and feeling the need to know when someone famous coughs just makes me laugh.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Neither have I, although its something I have been curious about. Thing is I'm not happy about giving private information out to the world and his wife. Otherwise I might have been tempted to dipped my toe in. I also like a quiet Christmas! :D

Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

We give it a miss too.
Our generic term is 'Twitface'
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
crackers
Minor Friendly

Post by crackers »

Peetee wrote:We give it a miss too.
Our generic term is 'Twitface'
I call all social media 'Twitterbook' :D
But I'm considered a confirmed retro-grouch. Funny seeing I enjoy good forums, which aren't much different to the same concept :roll:
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

crackers, the forums are more for knowledge and debate but twitter and other social media seem to allow anyone with hate or opinion have a say, they just seem to be the source of many arguments and hate, i know many people use them for keeping in touch but all i have ever seen is whats "trending" and it turns out to be some woman with a new dress and a rather fat bottom, we used to call it gossip, i tend to refer to social media as anti social media as it is killing the art of conversation.

crackers
Minor Friendly

Post by crackers »

Not sure I completely agree with you. It all depends on the users and unfortunately, social media has too high a percentage of mindlessness. On the other hand, depending on the forumites and the moderators, forums can be everything that's bad about social media.

In general though, you've summed it up nicely and described why I'm on a number of forums and not signed up for squitters, faceplant, instadope, or any of the others.