Classic car hire South East Wales

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Classic car hire South East Wales

Post by Blaketon »

Online searches don't show a lot, aside from wedding cars, which appear to come with driver provided.

My mother celebrates her 80th towards the end of next month (Hard to credit) and she would like to go for Sunday lunch somewhere. My Traveller (Which she likes immensely) is awaiting remedial work, the result of a botched 5 speed conversion, so we don't have a four seat car to hand (My mother's MGB GT is really only a 2 + 2 halves). I thought it would be good to hire a classic car and I am going to phone up next week, as a local firm appear to have an S Type Jaguar (1960s model) BUT I think it's only with driver (Which I can understand; I wouldn't fancy letting just anyone drive my classic cars).

Perhaps I'm not in the centre of the classic car universe but I wonder does anyone know of anywhere (Ideally with an NP postcode), where self drive classic car hire is done? Given a choice, something like a Riley RM, MG Z Magnette, Vanden Plas 1300 Princess or a Minor saloon would be the preferred option but if it's properly classic and has four full sized seats, I'd consider anything within reason (Don't think my mother would appreciate a pink Cresta).
MCminor11
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Classic car hire South East Wales

Post by MCminor11 »

Any luck yet? In what part of SE Wales are you? M
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

Borrow mine for the day if you drop some fuel back into the tank. CF61 2GS, Llantwit Major. I only use it maybe once per week.

Any good?

Rob
01446 795489
Cardiff, UK
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

As it happens, I have just recently sorted something but thankyou for your kind offer.
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

No probs! :D
Cardiff, UK