Ginger bush

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
burnham28
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Ginger bush

Post by burnham28 »

Whilst the present Mrs B was gently snoring in bed well not so gentle really, she looked very romantic with her mouth open and dribbling, her teeth in the glass by her side giving me a cheeky grin. I had a quick look downstairs and after pulling aside the black lacy material that had been covering the Ginger bush during the winter lo and behold there was the bush in all its glory. There were signs of new growth but I was a bit concerned that there was some grey streaks in it, just hope this is not a sign of some fungal disease. Obviously the current warm weather has done wonders for it. No sign of my Purple morning glory poking its head up yet do I use some chemical stimulant ?
[img]jpg[/img]
TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TDV102 »

The streaks may be snail trails.
Good home offered for custom splittie
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

be careful with chemicals as they can produce a bad case of wilt that can produce a alarming lean to the right and in extreme cases can reduce the appearance of purple morning glory to a bi-annual event with reduced size and vigor.

TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

Be careful with your bush this month, plenty of Cockchafers about.
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Good news the Ginger bush obviously likes this warm weather and is coming along nicely. Even better news is that my Purple morning Glory has poked it's head up and is looking quite perky it must like it's close proximity to the Ginger bush. The only down side is that the pussy has seemed to have made it's home inside the Ginger bush. Its a very bad tempered one as when I tried to stroke it it spat at me and I think it would have bitten me, luckily it is very old and has no teeth but on close examination it's no wonder considering the state of it's gums. I must see where I can get the protective film to stop the discharge from my Morning Glory as some members have warned me about. Perhaps I should try the internet. I will try youtube to see if there are any videos on the subject
[img]jpg[/img]
Dogsdad
Minor Friendly

Post by Dogsdad »

Sounds to me as if some of you should try an Irish Black Bush for a change.
R.M
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

Our ginger bush is now surrounded by peonies
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

I'm finding this hot weather is really bringing out the ginger bush's scent, and attracting flies.
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Ah so thats where they're coming from my wife has been complaining about the amount of flies round her ginger bush. I noticed this post whilst reading the one about nipples.
[img]jpg[/img]
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I'm afraid that the Ginger bush has finally met it's end. It has turned completely Grey with no sign of life. There is no sign of the pussy that used to hide behind it. I suspect that the said pussy is now in my neighbours garden. He seems to have given it the name " cooking fat " which he keeps shouting out. He does have a strong Yorkshire accent. My poor old Purple morning Glory has also succumbed and is a poor reflection on what it used to be when it held its head up proudly. I will wait until the spring and trawl through the internet to see if there are any New Ginger bushes being offered for sale at a reasonable price, unless anyone knows where a replacement may be found.
[img]jpg[/img]
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

Due to the demise of my ginger bush I have now settled for the Mother-in-law's tongue. It's best kept indoors though.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I'd be inclined to give up gardening, with your luck. Maybe check your Morris over, sounds like it may be playing second best to your garden, plus it may take your mind off your troubles!
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I did think about mother in laws tongue but I'm told it needs very acidic soil to thrive. I think I'm going to give up gardening as I don't seem to have much luck. Gardeners are supposed to have green fingers but after delving into the Ginger bush my fingers are certainly not Green.
[img]jpg[/img]