Last post.

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Last post.

Post by POMMReg »

Off here shortly, so a BIG thank you to those who've taken the trouble to answer my questions & pm their vehicles' details through these past few years...

Chris

:lol: :oops:
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan

Re: Last post.

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

Hi Chris, Sorry to hear you’re leaving the forum. You will be sadly missed, are you sure you want to leave or just take some time out for a month or three.
All the best for the future.
Regards John
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

Chris, sorry to hear you're leaving the group site. You will be sorely missed by many. I still want to get hold of the info book you were compiling, if possible.
Good luck for the future Chris, and don't let the bas***ds grind you down!! :wink:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Good luck for the future Chris, surprised to hear your decision out of the blue like this. Hope you've still got the enthusiasm to continue with the book. --------keep looking out for wildlife.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Spending more time giving out info than coming in, no matter HOW many posts I put up requesting vehicle details, they're largely ignored.

Being a bit negative perhaps, but the battle to get vehicle details is SO exhausting, and I just don't have the energy anymore, hence my decision.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

POMMReg wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 am Spending more time giving out info than coming in, no matter HOW many posts I put up requesting vehicle details, they're largely ignored.

Being a bit negative perhaps, but the battle to get vehicle details is SO exhausting, and I just don't have the energy anymore, hence my decision.
Yes Les, foxes, hedgehogs, squirrels & a mouse with a dodgy foot being fed....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well done Chris, they need all the help they can get, now we're polluting the planet for them. :(
Evil will triumph if the good guys do nothing.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Yep, odd that ppl call themselves "animal lovers" yet dislike anything concidered "Vermin", quite a contradiction I feel...

Even have a male Blackbird eating out my hand this year, femail/young Blackbirds & the Robin pretty std. BUT a bloke...

Blxxdy neighbours putting up wooden fences not helped nesting nor hedgehogs this year neither!!

Moan..moan...modern life...touch base..think outside the box...hit the ground running..blah blah modern phrases that mean absolute boxxocks...
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You're not wrong. Haven't heard the phrase ------- 'ahead of the curve' lately. I'm hearing ' It is what it is' recently.
Well of course it is !!!
At this rate Chris we'll have you back before you know it ! :D

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Another one that REALLY gets me going is "off of" and the Yank pronounciation of "leverage"!

Started with the Stone's "Get off of my cloud..".

I suppose it's old age creeping up on me, more and more things irritate & annoy me..

So much for last post....quite nice not having the pressure of replying to e-mails...."Official" Club's responsibility now, they're paid for it!!
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

“Forward thinking” and “Thinking outside the box” are my pet hates.

Going back to the Blackbirds. About 8 years ago I found a blackbirds nest had blown out of a bush in the garden. It was a cold wet windy day, unfortunately a chick was left abandoned, I did watch it for over an hour but its parents were nowhere to be seen. By this time it looked dead, cold and wet it couldn’t even lift its head. I took it inside and warmed it in my hands and slowly it regained some strength. Next I thought it should have some food and was amazed when I was able to feed it earth worms. I ended up taking it to Secret World Wildlife Rescue centre in East Huntspill. Hopefully it made a full recovery, it was pretty healthy when I left it with them. Think it was a male last seen flying towards Gloucester :D

Oddly since then I have noticed how tame the Blackbirds are especially where I live now.
Regards John
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

les wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm I'm hearing ' It is what it is' recently.
Before retiring I used to hear this frequently from a manager who used it to side-step and dismiss her failings when planning jobs for my team. I really REALLY hated it!

Now I've retired I find myself using it more and more... :roll:
1956 4-door called Max
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

"I suppose it's old age creeping up on me, more and more things irritate & annoy me.."

Er, no...have you considered the fact that things have actually become much worse? That our society has become shallower, more selfish, less cohesive, that the dominating capitalist-consumer culture has displaced morality, independent thought, charm, beauty, common-sense - and even truth - and rendered worthless anything that can't be given a price-tag?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Edit

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Grown blokes watching Cookery programs too, hard to imagine a Coalminer 100yrs ago coming home from a 26hr shift, putting on a pinny and making creme brulee and moaning about not having any almonds!

What's this blxxdin' world coming to?!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

26 hr shift? Tell that to the kids nowadays and they wouldn't believe you. :roll:

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:48 pm 26 hr shift? Tell that to the kids nowadays and they wouldn't believe you. :roll:
Yes, but we were happier in them days, though we were poor!
Rasputin
Minor Fan

Post by Rasputin »

Can I hear the music from the Hovis advert? :roll:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

This is the longest goodbye ever! Come on Chris, you know you love it here!

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

POMMReg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 am [quote=les post_id=625064 time=<a href="tel:1525380483">1525380483</a> user_id=27]
26 hr shift? Tell that to the kids nowadays and they wouldn't believe you. :roll:
Yes, but we were happier in them days, though we were poor!
[/quote]

Not sure that I agree with you Chris. We were very poor when I was a child and things have generally got better year on year.
Even 20 years ago our 3yr old granddaughter would have died of her heart condition. Now they can keep her alive until she's big enough to have a life saving op.
Better to be a glass half full person I think.