New presenters on Top Gear

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

New presenters on Top Gear

Post by irmscher »

Just been announced its Paddy Mcguiness and Freddie Flintoff the show goes from bad to worse
alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: New presenters on Top Gear

Post by alanworland »

Totally agree, I know Clarkson and his duo had their critics and did some stupid things at times, but for me they were 'the best'
The last team were worse and this pair are looking to be 'worser'!

Alan
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Seconded...

John :wink:
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

Mc Guinness is not funny and as far as I can see doesn't know much about cars, I can't comment on the other guy as I know nothing about him.
But the show will become some sort of gamey laugh along and the car subject will become secondary.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

I find myself wondering if the programme is now steadily rolling towards de-commissioning once again, only to re-appear as 'Sixth Gear' on Channel 5, pending its re-emergence under the leadership of some other charismatic enfant-terrible of the automotive journalistic world. Time (and ratings) will tell, I suppose.
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

Or should the numerous car clubs around the uk send one charismatic member to do a stint every week promoting or test driving another clubs vehicles.
I think the show needs a bit of variety rather than just three wealthy blokes in fast cars.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Murrayminor wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm Or should the numerous car clubs around the uk send one charismatic member...
A contradiction in terms, surely? 8)
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Or should the numerous car clubs around the uk send one charismatic member to do a stint every week promoting or test driving another clubs vehicles.
I think the show needs a bit of variety rather than just three wealthy blokes in fast cars.
An excellent idea. The show could do with some new ideas - like perhaps proper reviews of cars that most people buy, mentioning insurance groups, fuel consumption and other running costs.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I think they should test a classic car every week :)
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Can smashing up perfectly good cars be classed as "entertainment"(?), for the mush brained masses pehaps, but not for yours truly!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

Personally I like the new three but I do agree that Clarkson, Hammond and May were much better, I watch them on Amazon Prime and I'm a member on Drivetribe, yes they did do some stupid thing but they were the main people who made sure I ended up being a petrolhead.
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK.

The proud owner of Alan, a 1966 Trafalgar Blue Traveller.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Devil's advocate time.

Bearing in mind the BBCs argument regarding licence fees for senior citizens versus the ability to make 'quality' shows, perhaps axeing Top Gear would be a satisfactory start to keeping their budget in check.
1956 4-door called Max
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

irmscher wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 pm I think they should test a classic car every week :)
Good idea mate, I'm all for that :D
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK.

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

I thought that the last series of TG was the best since Clarkson and co were at their best. As for smashing stuff up at the cost of the licence payer, I can’t think what else I can get for 43p a day that gives me a laugh.

Yes it’s silly, but sometimes that’s what you need in this crazy world that we’re living in.

Maybe we could have a vote on it? But the public can’t even be trusted to vote properly anymore, Brexit, Trump....Boris....what next?
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

PoolGuy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:15 am I thought that the last series of TG was the best since Clarkson and co were at their best. As for smashing stuff up at the cost of the licence payer, I can’t think what else I can get for 43p a day that gives me a laugh.

Yes it’s silly, but sometimes that’s what you need in this crazy world that we’re living in.

Maybe we could have a vote on it? But the public can’t even be trusted to vote properly anymore, Brexit, Trump....Boris....what next?
Totally agree with that!

cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Ive really enjoyed the new series and I think the 3 new presenters are a good mix.
I would like a classic car road test section though.
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I personally prefer Clarkson and co :)
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

irmscher wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:39 am I personally prefer Clarkson and co :)
Agreed, although what does everyone think about the Morris Marina Saga, regardless of what they did it was still hilarious!

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

IMO, whatever they do to cars can only raise awareness of them, surely that’s good?

Regarding Clark, Ham, May, I thought The Grand Tour got tired quite quickly, I’m looking forward to seeing the revamped series.
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

PoolGuy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:09 pm IMO, whatever they do to cars can only raise awareness of them, surely that’s good?

Regarding Clark, Ham, May, I thought The Grand Tour got tired quite quickly, I’m looking forward to seeing the revamped series.
Yes, you have a point but I thought The Grand Tour was always good, I'm on Drivetribe, their social media platform, quite good actually, nothing on there about Moggies though, I might start a Tribe...