I just do not believe some people!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Trickydicky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: I just do not believe some people!

Post by Trickydicky »

I parked in a car parked the other day, other people perfectly legally parked around me.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Myrtles Man »

Mmm, I don't think the discussion is concerned with the legality of the situation, more a question of insight, consideration for others and, perhaps, a demonstration of mechanical appreciation/sympathy.
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

It doesn't help that so many modern vehicles are so big that they barely fit in a parking space properly :-? And it could be that people who just have to park next to another car suffer from some OCD about neatness? :lol:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

myoldjalopy wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 am It doesn't help that so many modern vehicles are so big that they barely fit in a parking space properly :-? And it could be that people who just have to park next to another car suffer from some OCD about neatness? :lol:
Not something evident with the BMW Driver parking across the lines.....
Basil the 1955 series II

arjay
Minor Friendly

Post by arjay »

Just like on a beach: you walk 1/2 a mile to be well clear of others and the next people to arrive walk all the way down and set up right next to you. Do they think you know the best spot?
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

arjay wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:04 am Just like on a beach: you walk 1/2 a mile to be well clear of others and the next people to arrive walk all the way down and set up right next to you. Do they think you know the best spot?
He he...I nearly mentioned that one myself. I remember a party one night out on the beach with some friends. When we eventually woke up next morning it was to a totally deserted beach - apart from a group of people camped right next to us! :roll: Go figure!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I've figured it!

smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

Happened to me in the 60s, two drivers parked too close either side of our new Hillman Imp, fortunately the rear window opens with the door key so we climbed in over the seats and drove away!!
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

:lol: :lol: Hillman imp had a few of those
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

You should have made way for the self important twonk in the Brattmobile handbag (SUV). I'm surprised at you.

In all seriousness, cars are now much bigger than they were and car parks have yet to catch up. As an example, a few years ago a Hillman Super Minx drove past and as it did so, a modern Fiesta went buy and after jamming on the brakes, it's driver stuck in the boot of the Hillman. The Hillman was a Cortina sized car and I know the Mk 1 Fiesta was a small car. However the modern Fiesta dwarfed the Hillman. I can't see why they have to make cars bigger. Surely if you want a bigger car, you buy the next model. The way it's going, in a decade or so, a Mondeo will the size of a removal van. In order to replace small cars, that have got bigger, Ford and VW have had to bring in such things as the Ka and Lupo.

If I might hazard a guess why the Brattmobile driver might have chosen to park next to the Minor (Assuming the driver wasn't on the mobile or had their head where the Sun doesn't shine), if you park next to a tidy Minor like that, you are less likely to find the driver is a careless twonk, who will open the car door into yours or do a car park hit and run. I will generally try to find an empty part of a car park and if I can be on the end or have a pillar next to be, that takes care of one side. If I am on the end or next to a pillar, I will skew the car slightly , so that the leading edge is closer to the next car than the rest, so that if someone catches the leading corner, they might not go down the whole side. However, if I saw a classic car parked, I might feel safer parked next to it. I wouldn't of course park so close as to leave you needing a tin opener to get in.
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

Outrageous, I've had similar problems, on a few occasions I've had people hit the car with their door whilst I'm sitting inside, on these occasions though, no damage has been done so I can't really complain, glad you left a note for him or her.

Joe :x
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK.

The proud owner of Alan, a 1966 Trafalgar Blue Traveller.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I witnessed similar a short while ago, unbelievably at a classic car show. Let's call them car#1 and car#2. Car#1 parks neatly where requested by a steward. Car#2 arrives. Driver ignores the steward (who by now is getting a bit inundated with arrivals) and parks next to car#1 at a 30 degree angle, and leaving maybe a 2 foot gap between his offside front wing corner and the passenger door of car#1. The driver rushes straight off to do the hand-shaking and back-slapping with his friends elsewhere on the rally field. The passenger in car#1 is an elderly female with mobility issues who becomes effectively imprisoned until car#2 can be repositioned.
1956 4-door called Max