Phishing/Virus emails

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Phishing/Virus emails

Post by geoberni »

Hi all
Just to highlight that Charles Ware have had their emails/address book hacked and Scumbag criminals are sending out emails that are faked as coming from Charles Ware, in an attempt to get recipients to open attachments which will no doubt install all sorts of nasty things on your computers.
I've had several in the past couple of weeks, which all got directed to my SPAM Folder, but everyone should be aware, especially if you've ordered something from them. The ones I had arrive are variations on an invoice theme, but some are far better quality than others.

Charles Ware are aware of it going on, but don't appear to have put any warnings about in on their website or social media.
Ware.JPG
Ware.JPG (44.15 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Basil the 1955 series II

Bowie69
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Phishing/Virus emails

Post by Bowie69 »

I wonder if they have ever heard of GDPR....

Not had anything here though.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Bowie69 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm I wonder if they have ever heard of GDPR....

Not had anything here though.
:D :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

If ever I knew where one of these people was, I'd see if I could borrow a cement lorry, fill it with raw sewage and empty it in through the front door of the spammer, with the words "Have back what you've been sending out". I get very little personal spam but at the shop, we get a bit, often SEO type stuff and the odd virus/phishing email. Most of it goes into the junk file before it reaches the inbox.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Sadly, a small proportion of people make their living from robbing others. It’s always been the case. A century ago they would have been pickpockets. Two centuries ago highwaymen. Whatever they are called it’s disgraceful!
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I have MacAfee is it any good or what is better ??
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

If you're on windows, windows defender is plenty these days, on a mac, well you just don't see mac viruses at all often, so no need to worry about them.

Scams are more often scams these days rather than viruses/malware, and work by tricking you into giving info out that you wouldn't normally.

So best advice is to keep your head screwed on and trust nothing unless you know the sender.
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

If you right-click on the dodgy email and choose 'examine' you can usually see the senders real email address. What you do with this is up to you!
Good home offered for custom splittie